18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Current Production Canik MC9 on roster feedback

Ron Swanson

Well-known member
Messages
329
Classified ads
1
I've read about the troubles people had with failures from the MC9, unsure if that was from an early production. Anyone have good or bad feedback on the CA roster MC9?
 
Not sure on the ca version but have an mc9 and I waited on buying til I felt issues were resolved. Had mine about 1.5 years and it’s been trouble free. It’s mainly my ccw gun and gets shot here and there.

I know the fix was a heavier spring but also heard they did some work on feed ramp. Not sure what difference is on ca version though. Hear free states version the threaded barrel seemed to be a fix too. Maybe due to a different ramp??
 
My friend got one in November and we took it to the range. It was failing to go into battery once or twice every magazine. He has been going back and forth with Canik this whole time. He finally dropped it off at Ammo Bros last week to get sent in for repairs. Then I just seen the Copper Jacket video about someone dealing with the exact situation on YouTube. It was about Canik not sending their gun back because of the new Cali laws. With that being said I really liked the gun especially the trigger. I've considered getting one on here and just fixing it myself if it had issues. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube on getting it to run properly.
 
Had some early issues with one of my MC9s. They sent me the heavier recoil spring, no arguments, back and forth, or anything like that. New spring in about a week and have 250 rounds with 0 issues since then.

Interesting to hear they haven't treated everyone that way. I'm glad I got a good customer service rep I guess
Yeah honestly I was surprised they asked him to send it back. My friend isn’t into tinkering with stuff and had bought it brand new and just wanted it to run. If it was me I would have asked for the spring and done it myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom