18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New Feature! Customize your "What's New" & "New Posts" feed!

This is for New Feature

doser

Advisor
Staff member
CAguns Vendor
CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
Messages
348
We’ve been working hard to improve your experience based on your feedback! Now, you can customize the posts you see when you click “What’s New” (both on desktop and mobile under “New Posts”).

🛠️ How It Works:
  • By Default: You’ll only see unread posts.
  • Want to see everything? Simply uncheck the “Unread” box.
Follow specific forums:
  1. Check the “Selected nodes” box.
  2. Choose the forums you want to follow.
  3. Enjoy your personalized feed!
  4. Check "Save as Default"

This update gives you more control, allowing you to filter your feed and focus on the content you care about most.

Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Mobile button

IMG_7682.jpeg

This will open up a list of new posts. Navigate toe the red box and click on Filters.

Screenshot 2025-02-16 at 12.22.32 PM.png


Desktop Button (You can also use the New Posts button)

Screenshot 2025-02-14 at 11.20.22 AM.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't on my screen in the "What's new" or "Forums" page. Where ya hiding it? (Windows 11, MS Edge)

Follow specific forums:
  1. Check the “Selected nodes” box.
 
This isn't on my screen in the "What's new" or "Forums" page. Where ya hiding it? (Windows 11, MS Edge)

Follow specific forums:
  1. Check the “Selected nodes” box.
Click “filters” are you on desktop ? If so it’s in the menu
 
@ikeo1 Maybe it’s just me, but I’d like to have Classifieds as an option to add to my “what’s new” feed. I know some may not want it, but I can’t help myself when I find a deal. Even if I don’t need it! And this would negatively affect me by forcing me to see the classifieds, but I’d still enjoy it 😂
 
@ikeo1 Maybe it’s just me, but I’d like to have Classifieds as an option to add to my “what’s new” feed. I know some may not want it, but I can’t help myself when I find a deal. Even if I don’t need it! And this would negatively affect me by forcing me to see the classifieds, but I’d still enjoy it 😂
You can customize it so it pulls that if you want

Add the marketplace nodes in there and they’ll pop up. Only new items will populate in I think. Otherwise just click Classifieds lol
 
The filter text in the lower right corner does not appear for me when I click the what's new button. I use the desktop and don't see it.
 
The filter text in the lower right corner does not appear for me when I click the what's new button. I use the desktop and don't see it.
Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

You can click New post OR the What's New text itself.
 
After you click New Post OR that link.

You should see a menu like this above the posts.

Screenshot 2025-02-16 at 12.22.32 PM.png
 
@NorCalBusa Let me know if you've found it too. Hopefully this is easier than we're explaining. This make it so you can customize your feed on a secondary page.
 
I followed your instructions and clicked on the "what's new" menu item. This is what I see.

View attachment 37079
I see you clicked the dropdown button. Click the actual text "What's New" OR New posts in the dropdown under it. Two ways to get there. So you don't have to click the dropdown button
 
@NorCalBusa Let me know if you've found it too. Hopefully this is easier than we're explaining. This make it so you can customize your feed on a secondary page.
I see it now, "Filters" and get that pop up ox when I click it.
 
Thank you for your hard work devs!
 
Back
Top Bottom