You can smile when reloading, thinking about how each pull of the handle makes thousands of liberals desperately unhappy.
I also find it rewarding to create things, going through the process of experimentation, finding what works best for each situation.
I also stocked up on some stuff, but not as much as Randall. I likely have more coated lead projo's than I will ever use, and have more of a few flavors of brass than I will ever need.
I'm hoping to close the shop (El Cajon) in about 2 years, and also that my health holds enough that I can spend a few days a week at the range. I have a lifetime membership at South Bay Rod and Gun Club. OP, you might think about something like that. It's a decent place, and you don't have to deal with some of the stuff that happens at some of the wide-open places.
I could look over your shoulder, or offer some info, mostly on pistol cal's. I would encourage you to use any press as a single stage if at all possible, until you understand how each part of the process works and feels, and how to make sure how each part looks when it is done correctly. Making sure you don't get a squib, or a double charge is important. You can't have too many loading manuals. Sometimes the data changes, some of the old manuals have info that isn't in the newer versions, like obsolete powders or cartridges. You might find a need. I made a find of loading manuals at a garage sale long ago. Ken Waters Pet Loads is very useful. Learning how OAL and crimp affects feeding in pistols is important. Don't use anyone's else's data without checking it against manuals. Understanding how OAL/seating depth affects pressure is another thing. Seating a 9mm bullet a little deep can raise pressure dramatically, same with .40.
It's a great, and fun, learning experience. Good luck!!