18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Derya DY9 or wait for Gen 6 Glocks?

My Dy9 came with a defective trigger assembly, trigger wouldn't reset after racking the slide. I had turners send it back to Florida and I received it about 3 weeks later. They ended up swapping out the trigger assembly and polishing it before returning it. I've now shot over 500 rounds through it and consistently hit 1 inch groupings @ 7 yards using 124 grain bullets.

I did have some double feed failures when I was using 115 grain ammo. Not sure if it was because the pistol needed to be broken in, or if I was limp wristing while shooting, which I usually don't. But after changing to a heavy ss Gen 3 style 15 pound rsa, and 124 grain ammo, the issues have gone away. Will still definitely recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a good budget 9mm.
 

Attachments

  • 1000008722.webp
    1000008722.webp
    195 KB · Views: 31
You got to look at certainty. Glocks aren't on the roster and theres no sign if it will come back or the new generations will come until it comes. Get the DY9. Theres rumors of it coming on the roster, but in government it doesn't happen until it happens.
 
Picked up a DY9 when Turner's had them for $299 (paid $420 OTD). Wasn't a fan of the thick optics plate due to the CA mandatory CLI. Ordered the island barrel directly from Derya for $269.10 shipped prior to 12/31. Also ordered some spare 10 round mags for $18 and spare baseplates (the 10 round blocked mags are serviceable). No regrets getting the island barrel assembly, great shooting ported Glock clone. Stock trigger is much better than a stock Glock trigger. Grip angle is more comfortable than the Gock grip angle but a bit slippery. Overall, very happy with the purchase, Nice island barrel range toy for under $700. So far no malfunctions with 300 rounds down the pipe with 115 & 124 grain ammo.
 
I'm considering getting a Derya DY9 so that I can have something resembling a Glock 17. Saw some reviews of the DY9 and it seems decent considering the price point. I also don't want to risk the DY9 ban taking effect by the time the Gen 6s release and losing a possible alternative if the Gen 6s are disappointing. Anyone have any opinion on DY9 versus Glock 17?
I believe Derya is working on a new redesign for CA to replace that cruciform bar. They're also looking to bring in the DY9Z as well.

Stock trigger is much better than a stock Glock trigger.
I also agree, the trigger is slight better than a glock due to the trigger shoe not sticking out soo far forward. The factory shoe it comes in is sort of a semi-flat face.

Has anyone done a trigger upgrade yet? I’m curious to know what people are using.
I put a Timney alpha paired with a VEX shoe and custom trigger return spring in mine. The pre travel, with the Timney kit in this frame feels so much better (VERY minimal) compared to the Timney that I put in my glock (same set up Timney + VEX). The timney in the DY9 has not skipped a beat, never had any issues or light primer strikes. I tried messing with the GPT once and it looks like some work will need to be done to the trigger housing in order for it to work. I'll eventually, one day get to it. Just haven't had time.
 
The gen 6 isnt coming to the roster, and honestly they arent that great. I have a g45 g6 and its eh.
 
DY9 is a Glock 19 clone, not a 17.

If you don't want to risk the DY9's selling out (Turner's), then buy one. You're talking $500 out the door. I'm guessing the Glock 19 Gen 6 is gonna cost about double that (if it hits the Roster at all). Derya also sells the DY9 Island Barrel for $300 - sold via their website. It's an amazing deal on a ported barrel/upper. I have one and use it on my DY9 as well as on my Glock 19 Gen 5 frame (requires a $10 backplate change), works great.
Cheap gun then throw the cost of the gun in parts at it. Nope, just buy a better gun in the first place.
 
Still has the crucifix trigger. So i’m not sure why everyone thinks they are coming to the roster.
Or they could just redesigned the OEM glock performance trigger and make it work in the Gen 6? Those do not have cruciform trigger bars.
 
Grab one of the Grit Grips SSE from here, I hear those fit the Glock Performance triggers. No CA features bs.
Nice.. That's another good solution. Going that route would be the best solution for those late to the game. They look good too.
 
I'm considering getting a Derya DY9 so that I can have something resembling a Glock 17. Saw some reviews of the DY9 and it seems decent considering the price point. I also don't want to risk the DY9 ban taking effect by the time the Gen 6s release and losing a possible alternative if the Gen 6s are disappointing. Anyone have any opinion on DY9 versus Glock 17?
Love my DY9. Have both std & ported versions. Shoots well, optic ready, better grips & takes Glock mags for half the price. Ported "Island" version even flatter. Parts are inexpensive, as well. You can buy different backstraps if you choose to go w/o the magwell. Best bang for the buck, IMO.
 
Firend loves his dy9. I like my shadows systems. I do not think we are getting gen6. Talks about 34x and a 47/48. Not a g19/g17. Call around and try to find a g17 gen 3 would be my first step.
 
Last edited:
What is everyone's consensus on reliability of the DY9?
I have a friend who wants to get one as his first (and possibly only ever) firearm due to the price/availability right now but I am steering him towards an Echelon
Go Echelon. If it's going to be his only gun, the option to change grip modules opens up a lot of possibilities.
 
Back
Top Bottom