18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Derya TM22

Dzrt_ranger

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
27
Anyone have one of these guys? Based off some videos I’ve seen it doesn’t seem bad, pretty cheap AR style .22, thinking of picking one up today.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7517.webp
    IMG_7517.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 15
I've heard good things about the tippman AR.22 but it's become impossible to find
 
They use their own magazine unfortunately, but they also make the M4-22 in WMR in case you want something with punch to it.
 
For the price I suppose you can load up on their proprietary mags and still be under a S&W M&P 15-22, haha!!
 
I've heard good things about the tippman AR.22 but it's become impossible to find
I just picked one up a few weeks ago. Had to have it special ordered, but they are available.
 
I just picked one up a few weeks ago. Had to have it special ordered, but they are available.
I know there's a gun shop in OC that has a pretty solid web-order process that has them in stock at their distro, so it is something I've wanted for a bit. The 16" WMR version definitely seems fun.
 
The cheaper way to go is if you already have an AR-15 just go by a dedicated 22LR upper, or just go get a bolt conversion and a couple magazines and you can get away with shooting 22 without changing anything but the bolt for about $150
 
Before I bought my Tippman I was determined to go the dedicated 22 upper route. I wanted a RTB upper but they do not ship to CA. Mixed reviews on BCA from what I could find but still have to do a FFL transfer. Borebuddy is pricey. Finally just got tired of looking for the upper and figured I get a whole rifle for a little bit more. Got the M4-22 Elite in FDE for 699 before tax.
 
I have several AR 22s couple are dedicated and a couple have both conversions in them. The bolt conversion rifles shoot fine in our very accurate at lower distances. But the one thing to remember about bolt conversion versus dedicated is that the barrel twist in a dedicated upper will be designed specifically for 22 long rifle while the twist rate in your standard AR with a conversion kit is designed generally for a 55-62 grain AR round. So if you really want to shoot longer distances and not give up a little bit of accuracy you're going to want to get a dedicated rifle whether that be changing the upper on your AR or actually buying a complete rifle that was designed from the ground up as a 22 like the tipmann or others
 
I am definitely a dedicated gun type of person, I don’t want to have to swap out uppers to shoot different rounds. But, I did recently pick up a Franklin ca7 and I plan on using the original single shot upper to put in a .22 conversion bolt since I will already have it.
 
Back
Top Bottom