18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

DGX Spark 128GB

It might be cheaper to import it.
Price went up recently.. It looks like there's going to be more of a shortage again.. I was just checking to see if anyone had one they weren't using. Long shot but if not no problem..

I definitely think there's going to be a metals shortage soon. Given all this equipment keeps going up and nothing coming down.
 
Price went up recently.. It looks like there's going to be more of a shortage again.. I was just checking to see if anyone had one they weren't using. Long shot but if not no problem..

I definitely think there's going to be a metals shortage soon. Given all this equipment keeps going up and nothing coming down.
Yea, you are correct, last time I was checking, 128GB in states was 2K more than outside.

BTW, Dell had them refurbished through TechSoup several weeks back.
 
Yea, you are correct, last time I was checking, 128GB in states was 2K more than outside.

BTW, Dell had them refurbished through TechSoup several weeks back.
I'm a little bummed i missed snagging one just for experimental purposes... 128GB $6950 is insane, up from $3999. Compute/RAM/Storage is ridiculously expensive now. I made the buys before the next increase so I think we'll be good through 2027 from a CapEx perspective and all the things i'd want to do with it.

If China comes out with their RAM that'll be interesting if that bubble bursts and it drops by 50%. When the cost of the internet goes up, I'm anticipating price increases for cloud costs here.
 
I'm a little bummed i missed snagging one just for experimental purposes... 128GB $6950 is insane, up from $3999. Compute/RAM/Storage is ridiculously expensive now. I made the buys before the next increase so I think we'll be good through 2027 from a CapEx perspective and all the things i'd want to do with it.
Sad part China prices are still the same… that’s why I said it might be cheaper to bring it over…

If China comes out with their RAM that'll be interesting if that bubble bursts and it drops by 50%. When the cost of the internet goes up, I'm anticipating price increases for cloud costs here.
I was looking at EBITA for the large three cloud providers and it’s crazy how big percentage is from top AI.
 
All this thanks to the dumbest administration that started the dumbest war on behalf of the dumbest prime minister of an allied country we've ever had. We won't recover for a decade.
What? The AI boom and storage and graphics card prices are not even related to the president or any war. Do you just say nonsense?

Nvidia specifically has been shifting to commercial over consumer so 5090 prices skyrocketed and Micron stopped selling consumer RAM completely. Get help
 
My computer hobby is cooked, my gun hobby is cooked, eating at restaurants is cooked. It's all cooked for the most idiotic reasons possible.
Guns are cheaper than they’ve ever been… ammo has stayed basically flat for a long time. In 2001 a HK P2000 was $950 msrp, that would be a whopping $1796 today. Yet I just paid $849 minus $250 rebate so about $600
For a brand new VP9. How can you complain when prices are better than ever.

Going out to eat has never been cheap, I remember as a kid we would only go like once a month and we would dress up.
 
What? The AI boom and storage and graphics card prices are not even related to the president or any war. Do you just say nonsense?

Nvidia specifically has been shifting to commercial over consumer so 5090 prices skyrocketed and Micron stopped selling consumer RAM completely. Get help
They are related, tariffs, metals and infrastructure shortages.. It's all interlinked. Supply shortages + logistics cost increases. Drones take a number of chips too.. all different kinds of metals and alloys, ie rare earths..
 
Head over to level1tech forums and ask around, you might get lucky. I was going to dump my old Xeon and DDR4 because of power costs, but know I think I might just be spinning it back up for a home server.
 
They are related, tariffs, metals and infrastructure shortages.. It's all interlinked. Supply shortages + logistics cost increases. Drones take a number of chips too.. all different kinds of metals and alloys, ie rare earths..
It’s the AI boom. Started way before the small conflict
 
Average price of 9mm case two years ago was $250 and lower on Velocity. Now it's $300 it seems like.

You guys look at the price of diesel? It's going to get immeasurably worse. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Mearsheimer and the realists were 100% on the nose when they predicted this outcome. Say goodbye to empire. You might not feel it today tomorrow, but give it 6-12 months. The petro dollar exit will take at least another decade.

 

Attachments

  • 10976.webp
    10976.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 10977.webp
    10977.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 1
It’s the AI boom. Started way before the small conflict
Doesn't mean everything else hasn't affected it. Specifically tariffs and electronics.

The cost of everything has gone up in the last 2 years, despite marketing saying everything is going down and its great.

Prices across the board are up, except ours! We've done shrinkflation!

Thankfully all the people stopped complaining about free not being more free...
 
Average price of 9mm case two years ago was $250 and lower on Velocity. Now it's $300 it seems like.

You guys look at the price of diesel? It's going to get immeasurably worse. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Mearsheimer and the realists were 100% on the nose when they predicted this outcome. Say goodbye to empire. You might not feel it today tomorrow, but give it 6-12 months. The petro dollar exit will take at least another decade.

Not sure what you are trying to prove… in 2014 economics forum in Ohio, the current situation was discussed and outlined possible scenarios and models in play. Only two had significance at the time, save dollar as global currency but collapse American economy, or try to save economy but give up on globalization. Since then it just falls into the puzzle places.

What was interesting, they even discussed the possibility of candidate that would run on such platform and chances of success.
 
Back
Top Bottom