By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
I israeli carry. I dont have one in the chamber. Im new to carrying so when I feel better about it I may change. But to each his own
That's how I started. I worked myself up to just never removing the round. You get used to it.I israeli carry. I dont have one in the chamber. Im new to carrying so when I feel better about it I may change. But to each his own
Give it time.I figured as much. Its all about practice and feeling comfortable. Im still getting used to having a gun in my waistband, let alone having it loaded lol
I would imagine that hollow points have a different OAL than standard ball ammo. And different brands/types of hollow points will have OAL’s that vary.
Pretty sure it will still hurt to throw it at someone's face...I have zero use for an unloaded weapon---none!
No holster off with gun. Loaded alwaysDo you unchamber your round every night before you put your CCW gun away in a lockbox?
I know repeatedly chambering a round will set it back eventually, do you just eventually toss that round or leave it in until you find some other reason to remove it?
I israeli carry. I dont have one in the chamber. Im new to carrying so when I feel better about it I may change. But to each his own
Every time the slide comes forward and strips a round off of the magazine, the bullet hits the feed ramp to guide the round into the chamber. That marginally slows the bullet causing it to slip into the case as it follows. Under normal firing, a single pass up the feed ramp is irrelevant.I don’t understand why is it bad to remove the round from the chamber and replace it in the magazine?