18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Poll Do you have CCW insurance? / What do you use?

Take a survey

What CCW insurance do you use?

  • None

    Votes: 27 22.0%
  • USCCA

    Votes: 15 12.2%
  • CCW Safe

    Votes: 34 27.6%
  • Attorneys On Retainer

    Votes: 30 24.4%
  • Firearms Legal Protection

    Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Right to Bear

    Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Second Call Defense

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • US Law Shield

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 4 3.3%

  • Total voters
    123
Probably no harm in getting both of you can afford it. It would likely double your cost though, and may end up being redundant. For me CCW Safe pretty much covers everything I need once I added the civil liability.

We have to remember that hopefully it's something we will never have to use, and the vast majority CCW holders probably never do. It's to cover us from potential financial ruin in the slim chance it happens. Spending double on a redundant "insurance/attorney group" doesn't make sense for my situation.
Thank you! Makes sense.
 
I missed it- when did ANY of these PrePaid Legal Expense houses become "insurance", registered in/for/with the state in which they sell??
 
I missed it- when did ANY of these PrePaid Legal Expense houses become "insurance", registered in/for/with the state in which they sell??
Some of them are organized that way like USCCA and the bear one. CCWSafe and AOR type plans are memberships not insurance products
 
Hi all, this seems like a good time to share an update on my CCW legal program, Carry California. Currently, there are about 20 pledges, which is insufficient to make it worth it for my law firm. I have the bandwidth to handle the plan, it's just been difficult from a sales perspective because I don't have a marketing department and this is not being advertised at all. I probably need 30-40 members to justify it. If anyone would like to be added to the interest list/pledge list, please email me at andrew@watters.law. Thanks.
 
I'm currently signed up with Firearms Legal Protection. Our company is currently partnered with them for a special referral rate, but I'm just using the same scan code that we hand out to customers.

 
I'm currently signed up with Firearms Legal Protection. Our company is currently partnered with them for a special referral rate, but I'm just using the same scan code that we hand out to customers.

They do not cover CCW usage in a “sensitive place” correct?
 
Back
Top Bottom