18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Question Does anyone run the Vortex Defender ST?

I have both and open emitter defender ST on a Prodigy and a closed emitter venom on a G45. Both have been great. I shot a few matches with the enclosed venom and it’s been good. I’ve definitely abused the open emitter ST and recently had to have it replaced under warranty because the emitter would shut off during recoil and would come back when the slide was back forward. Vortex replaced it free of charge and paid for shipping both ways. If you don’t care about co-witness the venom is a killer deal at the price point.
I have heard multiple reports of the vortex having this issue
 
So have I and it finally happened. Took about 1.5k-2k rounds until it started. I adjusted the little battery contact “fingers” and it would be fine for a couple hundred rounds and then it would do it again. Finally decided to send it in. Hope this one lasts much longer.
 
Back
Top Bottom