18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Gear Don't Buy McKinatec Holsters: My unfortunate experience.

What's tactical?

snacks117

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
14
So Let me preface this with; I've done everything I can to contact and reach out to Mckinatec to correct the issues, and have done so in an extremely respectful manner expecting that I'd receive some sort of reply that would get the issues fixed.

So here's the short of it...

I purchased a Mckinatec MDZ OWB for my belt setup(1. trying to support local, 2. also don't mind saving money when I can) after seeing multiple, local, reputable sources repping the company. So I decided to stray from T1C and take a chance on it. Everything went smooth and fine, even had some contact with him before shipping. Received the holster, looked great and even matched my T1C IWB MSP Pro setup pattern wise and quality, feeling like durable kydex. Got it all setup and just needed to get some range time. Finally was able to get out after a few months of busy life and tried it out. I ran my 19 with it and noticed it was clunky on the insertion and draw and didn't feel as smooth as my T1C. Adjusted retention and tried every which way to get it to operate smoothly but always felt clunky and just not right, Especially compared to my T1C. Finally took my 34 out with it to see how that'd run and same thing but worse. Trying to even holster was sometimes impossible. Draw was equally impossible unless I set retention to basically 0 which is useless at that point.

Long story short(too late), I reached out through multiple channels, multiple times over a month and have had ZERO contact back.
I get it being small business/one man shop but I feel like your customer service should be outstanding in that regard.

It's one thing to receive a product that's subpar, but it's another thing to never respond back to a customer that you've taken money from and not even respond back to fix the issue that was there from day one! Maybe it's my bad I couldn't get out to test everything out straight away but even still I feel like its totally unacceptable.

Anyway I'm here to basically warn anyone against buying Mckinatec holsters. The guy just doesn't to care, and unfortunately there is no where to leave reviews on his website or even online for his products, so here I am.

Link for video example and review:
 
Just out of curiosity; what avenues have you tried reaching out to the owner? A quick browse on their website doesn't show any way to contact them other than a "contact form". I assume you've tried reaching out to him on Instagram (he seems to be posting there every week)?
 
Just out of curiosity; what avenues have you tried reaching out to the owner? A quick browse on their website doesn't show any way to contact them other than a "contact form". I assume you've tried reaching out to him on Instagram (he seems to be posting there every week)?
I’ve done an email thread I had open with him from asking a question previously; 2 times, multiple Instagram attempts; DM and comments, and the website contact form as well.
Radio silence 🤷🏽‍♂️
 
I’ve done an email thread I had open with him from asking a question previously; 2 times, multiple Instagram attempts; DM and comments, and the website contact form as well.
Radio silence 🤷🏽‍♂️
That's a bummer... there were a vendor I was eyeing for my next holster. I will keep your experience in mind..
 
That's a bummer... there were a vendor I was eyeing for my next holster. I will keep your experience in mind..
Ya really bummed about it.. honestly not even so much the money but just to get ghosted like that =/... why I'm sharing my experience though, to hopefully help others avoid the hassle!
T1C is always solid tho and who I always come back to!
 
Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like you tried to do everything reasonable.
Ya and I hate throwing shade out there, but honestly just don't want anyone else to get screwed like I did, especially because there really isn't any way for him to be held accountable! 🤷‍♂️
 
Leave a Google review. People will be able to read the review when they search for the product.
I couldn't find a google account tied to the business to do that unfortunately! That's what kind of made it worse for me =/
 
Give him a call. His phone number is on his facebook page. You can still see the number even if you don't have a facebook account.

My holster was overdue and past the lead time. Gave a call and it shipped right away. He does not really respond to emails. He is a one man shop so I gave him benefit of the doubt.
 
Give him a call. His phone number is on his facebook page. You can still see the number even if you don't have a facebook account.

My holster was overdue and past the lead time. Gave a call and it shipped right away. He does not really respond to emails. He is a one man shop so I gave him benefit of the doubt.
Hmmm, even his facebook page reviews show a lot of recent complaints...

I get it though; Happy customers don't bother to write reviews, but annoyed ones will go out of their way to tell the world.

A common problem with one-man-shops is they get a lot of orders all at once and fall behind. The smart/ethical thing to do is temporarily pause orders or refuse payments until caught up.
 
Give him a call. His phone number is on his facebook page. You can still see the number even if you don't have a facebook account.

My holster was overdue and past the lead time. Gave a call and it shipped right away. He does not really respond to emails. He is a one man shop so I gave him benefit of the doubt.
I may try and do that... I just don't have much hope tbh =/ and I don't know if the back and forth would be worth it at as well
 
Hmmm, even his facebook page reviews show a lot of recent complaints...

I get it though; Happy customers don't bother to write reviews, but annoyed ones will go out of their way to tell the world.

A common problem with one-man-shops is they get a lot of orders all at once and fall behind. The smart/ethical thing to do is temporarily pause orders or refuse payments until caught up.
Ya it's unfortunate and again I get being a one man shop is difficult! but you're totally right, at least hold off on orders! or get someone to be your customer service person! It just is inexcusable to me from a retail standpoint.
 
Back
Top Bottom