18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Don't do what I did (accidentally) with a Desert Eagle

rogerthat

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Hi there, one day last year I went to the range I decided to bring my Desert Eagle chambered in 44 Magnum or 50AE depending on the barrel and magazines. I first started with 44 Magnum and then switched the barrel out for the 50AE and magazine. I loaded the 50AE magazine and fired three rounds. As the third bullet left the barrel the whole barrel assembly shifted forward and did not return back. I believe what happened was that after I switched to the 50AE barrel I didn't make sure the spring loaded lever that holds the barrel assembly was completely set and in the locked position with the barrel assembly all the way back flush against the front of the slide. I have a video of it which you can see for yourself. In the video at 7 seconds you'll see a small gap at the bottom of the barrel assembly between the slide and barrel. There should be no gap. No one got hurt and the pistol ran fine when i put the barrel assembly back and ensured the lever was set in the locked position.
 
Back
Top Bottom