18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Driving carrying appendix

During my concealed carry course, the instructor advised students who choose to carry their firearms in the appendix position to tuck their seatbelt underneath their firearm. This precaution is recommended to prevent potential injuries in the event of an accident, as the seatbelt pressing against the body could potentially cause pelvic trauma.
What are your thoughts on carrying an appendix firearm with a seatbelt?
Wearing the seat belt under your holster is advisable to avoid to your abdomen. Doctors has advised the same for pregnant women for the same reason.
 
During my concealed carry course, the instructor advised students who choose to carry their firearms in the appendix position to tuck their seatbelt underneath their firearm. This precaution is recommended to prevent potential injuries in the event of an accident, as the seatbelt pressing against the body could potentially cause pelvic trauma.
What are your thoughts on carrying an appendix firearm with a seatbelt?
I move the seat belt not for safety if there were to be a crash but for quick access to firearm. That or I just drive with pistol unholstered on my lap depending on if I'm in a high crime, sketchy neighborhood
 
I move the seat belt not for safety if there were to be a crash but for quick access to firearm. That or I just drive with pistol unholstered on my lap depending on if I'm in a high crime, sketchy neighborhood
That’s the same advantage I lean towards. Quick access
 
No and right now only friends and family

It's part of an investigation related to my PI firm and thus client confidentiality
 
No and right now only friends and family

It's part of an investigation related to my PI firm and thus client confidentiality
For sure. Do you feel like they will retaliate? That’s my main thing I feel like I’ll have to relocate and also put my house under a trust or lock just for privacy
 
Back
Top Bottom