18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

DY9 Island barrel

Same, I'm going to offload some Glock handguns next year for spring cleaning (college is not cheap) and I'm currently disassembling some slides to get cerakoted as well as optic cuts.

I saw on a Reddit thread that gen 5 slides are good to go as well, but current market prices on even stripped gen 5 slides is way too inflated. Saw one Ebay listing for easily the cost of a OEM Glock.
I believe the Gen 4 and 5 is essentially the same slide, just the front serrations are present on the gen 5. I thought about picking up a 19x slide and slapping it on the derya frame but then I priced it out and it just doesn't make sense. a 19x MOS slide complete is going for $500+, the island is $300 shipped and I don't need to do anything further to it. Slap on an optic and just run with it. Plus it will function and work on the frame and if not, it's covered under warranty. I'm waiting till next year when the DY9Z hit's the CA roster (fingers crossed).
 
Decided to DROS a DY9 and saw this nasty accessory available for it in on the website. Can’t wait to put it on the stock Derya in a few days and see how flat it shoots. Same price as the gun, $300
Just DROS’d a DY9 today and also ordered the “Island” complete upper 🤙🏽 No tax & no shipping fee on the Derya Arms website 🙏🏽
 
I saw a video from several months ago that mentioned the front site was not removable and some other issues with the slide cut fitment and RSM that were apparently corrected.

Does anyone know if the front site was made removable?
it is removable, just nothing exists to replace it....
 
Decided to DROS a DY9 and saw this nasty accessory available for it in on the website. Can’t wait to put it on the stock Derya in a few days and see how flat it shoots. Same price as the gun, $300
After shooting the DY9 island I can confirm that it’s better than gun for the price.. it shoots flat as he’ll and other than the first 10-20 rounds no malfunctions
 
After shooting the DY9 island I can confirm that it’s better than gun for the price.. it shoots flat as he’ll and other than the first 10-20 rounds no malfunctions
Have you put an optic on that island slide? I'm wondering how the co-witnessing will be like since there's no aftermarket irons available yet.
 
Have you put an optic on that island slide? I'm wondering how the co-witnessing will be like since there's no aftermarket irons available yet.
They are not suppressor High sights… can’t really co-witness tbh
 
They are not suppressor High sights… can’t really co-witness tbh'
Did some digging on reddit and found that it actually has some co-witness. Looks more like 1/4, could be 1/3. At least it has something without having to upgrade sights. Here's a pic he took from the rear. Now the 10 day just needs to come sooner!
 

Attachments

  • Island slide Osight C.jpg
    Island slide Osight C.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 26
Here’s my gen3 slide on the Derya frame with and without the adapter bushing. Haven’t shot it yet but I don’t see why it wouldn’t function.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5775.webp
    IMG_5775.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 20
I love the way this trigger feels compared to my G19. The trigger shoe feels so much better than the factory glock as it doesn't stick out so far forward. I normally like flat shoes but I can live with this shoe.

Right out of the box, I was getting roughly 4.5lb, removed the factory connector and installed the DOT connector and was getting ~4lbs. I then purchased a TTI grand master kit and swapped all the components in and it completely dropped the weight and made this trigger feel so much better. Consistently breaks at 3lbs. The wall is defined and crisp with a great audible reset. I normally don't like swapping out the striker springs and trigger spring but I wanted to see how it shoots. I'm hoping no light primer strikes. Won't have time to go test it for a few weeks.
 
I love the way this trigger feels compared to my G19. The trigger shoe feels so much better than the factory glock as it doesn't stick out so far forward. I normally like flat shoes but I can live with this shoe.

Right out of the box, I was getting roughly 4.5lb, removed the factory connector and installed the DOT connector and was getting ~4lbs. I then purchased a TTI grand master kit and swapped all the components in and it completely dropped the weight and made this trigger feel so much better. Consistently breaks at 3lbs. The wall is defined and crisp with a great audible reset. I normally don't like swapping out the striker springs and trigger spring but I wanted to see how it shoots. I'm hoping no light primer strikes. Won't have time to go test it for a few weeks.
Nice. Competition or Duty/Carry?
 
Back
Top Bottom