18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Echelon 4.5 Comp - AT LAST!

New_Spin

Active member
Messages
101
At LONG last...
Something like 10 months since being added to the Roster...
I finally have my Echelon Comp in-hand 😭
I waited a tad longer for the Gear Pac of course, but I hadn't even seen any Comp models on shelves until recently anyways.
Shoutout to Discount Gun Mart's annual Parking Lot Sale, best price I've seen I think anywhere for the 4.5 Comp Gear Pac (cheaper than a lot of vendors I've seen offering just the 4.5 Comp... non-Gear Pac 😱)
Picked it up yesterday, and of course it took all of... less than 1hr 20mins for me to put on the goodies I've been hording for it for the last like 9 months 💀
Gear Pac comes with a Viridian green dot, I swapped it out for a Holosun 407C X2
Also added a TLR-7 HX
And wouldn't you know it: I took it apart to inspect/clean/lube everything up and the mag disconnect seems to have fallen out and I can't find it anywhere, damndest thing 🤔🤷‍♂️

Can't wait to get to the range with this thing ASAP! This is my first full-size 💪
Anyone else finally get their hands on one of these bad boys after WAY too long?
 

Attachments

  • 1000032585.webp
    1000032585.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 1000032587.webp
    1000032587.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 118
Congrats! I got mine a few months ago but am still waiting on the Tyrant trigger to finish the build. Highly recommend the Mischief Machine or Icarus Grips if you want to add a little more weight to the grip.
I've actually got my eye on the Sharps Bros 👀
I made the mistake of holding one at that same sale event 😭
I'm done for 🤣
 
It’s not the comped but I have the sharps bros grip and i recommend it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7819.webp
    IMG_7819.webp
    56 KB · Views: 88
Congrats! I have the 4.0C (non-comped) and love it. Just renewed my CCW and added it to that so I can't wait to finally carry it. Was thinking of the 4.0C Comp but it wasn't out and I couldn't wait.
 
Same! Just added the 4.0C to CCW. Excellent carry gun and am fighting urge to slap the full size grip module on it.

I'm waiting for the Icarus compact grip to come out. They said back in April that in about 6 months, they may have it. I've got so many compact mags that putting the full size grip module means buying new mags. Plus the current grip is perfect for my hands and the full size grip will most likely print more.
 
I'm waiting for the Icarus compact grip to come out. They said back in April that in about 6 months, they may have it. I've got so many compact mags that putting the full size grip module means buying new mags. Plus the current grip is perfect for my hands and the full size grip will most likely print more.

I think you can convert the mags with just a baseplate swap if I remember correctly.
 
I tried the Icarus, the sharps and finally landed on the mischief machine. It’s the best for the echelon in my opinion. Everyone is different of course. Great gun regardless.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8638.webp
    IMG_8638.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 43
I tried the Icarus, the sharps and finally landed on the mischief machine. It’s the best for the echelon in my opinion. Everyone is different of course. Great gun regardless.
What did you like about it over the others? Any pros/cons for all 3?
I've only handled the Sharps and it felt amazing, and generally heard/seen great reviews. I have heard getting the COG inserted is a tight fit though.
 
All of the grip aluminum modules are tight by design, some tighter than others. I like how the mischief machine grips go all the way to the slide. The sharps grips stop lower leaving a smooth area. That being said, if the sharps felt great to you, get those.
 
Congrats! I just have the standard full-size, and dropped it into the Sharps Bros grip. I'm really impressed with the pistol even in stock configuration, and plan to get another for my wife for a his/hers matching set.

7197.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom