18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Ergonomic Handguns

🔫 What is your most ergonomic handgun? Asides from these 4 handguns below, I was also pretty impressed with Beretta APX and the SAR9 (VP9 Lower and Glock Slide Clone)……I would say that if the DA trigger pull on my P2000 .40 was a bit better that it would be at the very top of my list but I think the VP9 and PPQ are my go to 🤙🏽

Around 20 years ago, my friend and I tested more than 100 pistols for speed and accuracy in order to choose the "one" we each shot the best with. He's a trust fund guy with enough resources to do something like this and he still has most of those guns.

We learned that what initially felt good didn't win and that dispels ergonomics if you're defining it by what "feels" good. Feels good and performs well can be different things.

We both shot the best, fastest and most accurate, with the west german P226. He bought a spare and still has both. I kept mine until after we stopped playing shooting games and ended up selling it because I felt it was time for someone else to enjoy it. I can be funny that way!

Today, my best shooter is a P2000 V3. Its trigger reset isn't what I consider fast and my sense is that it makes up for it with accuracy. Even with a first DA trigger pull, I rarely miss and I remember with my west german P226 I would occasionally miss on the first DA trigger pull.

From the draw, I'll shoot better with that P2000 than my xmacro, g19, or any other centerfire pistol that I've shot in the last year.
 
I dont think I have a more comfortable gun to shoot that the Echelon Comp with a Sharp Bros grip module....

View attachment 150507
What trigger is that? I was considering one of these grip frames. The dust cover looks short enough that it can work with the compact slide?

Also, it works with OEM mag plates? I like magwells but hate that most don't work with OEM mag plates, so I end up not getting those.
 
Around 20 years ago, my friend and I tested more than 100 pistols for speed and accuracy in order to choose the "one" we each shot the best with. He's a trust fund guy with enough resources to do something like this and he still has most of those guns.

We learned that what initially felt good didn't win and that dispels ergonomics if you're defining it by what "feels" good. Feels good and performs well can be different things.

We both shot the best, fastest and most accurate, with the west german P226. He bought a spare and still has both. I kept mine until after we stopped playing shooting games and ended up selling it because I felt it was time for someone else to enjoy it. I can be funny that way!

Today, my best shooter is a P2000 V3. Its trigger reset isn't what I consider fast and my sense is that it makes up for it with accuracy. Even with a first DA trigger pull, I rarely miss and I remember with my west german P226 I would occasionally miss on the first DA trigger pull.

From the draw, I'll shoot better with that P2000 than my xmacro, g19, or any other centerfire pistol that I've shot in the last year.
The GrayGuns trigger upgrade for the P2000 improves the reset and smooths out the pull. Short of my tuned Springfield TRP and my Beretta 92 with a Langdon trigger the P2000 has one of the best triggers of any of the firearms I own.
 
The GrayGuns trigger upgrade for the P2000 improves the reset and smooths out the pull. Short of my tuned Springfield TRP and my Beretta 92 with a Langdon trigger the P2000 has one of the best triggers of any of the firearms I own.

I bought one of those companies triggers, forget which, and it wasn’t better so I removed it, but I did keep the reduced the mainspring.

Just by holding it, I can’t say it feels the best until shooting it and that’s from a holster with first shot being double action.

You have to test the guns in the same way you’d use them if you’re carrying. Just target shooting isn’t good enough.

The test; start with your back to the target, turn, draw, shoot, reload, shoot, safely holster - without looking down. Goal is to find the gun with fastest time while getting all shots on target.

Accuracy has more value than speed and all shots on target is the requirement. if you’re not getting all shots on target, slow down.

Do that and you’ll find that how a gun feels in your hands fondling it, doesn’t necessarily translate to the best.

If you can’t holster it safely without looking down, throw it or the holster away!
 
Last edited:
What trigger is that? I was considering one of these grip frames. The dust cover looks short enough that it can work with the compact slide?

Also, it works with OEM mag plates? I like magwells but hate that most don't work with OEM mag plates, so I end up not getting those.
The mags work with the grip and magwell without an issue.

the trigger she is an Overwatch Precision - good stuff!
 
I bought one of those companies triggers, forget which, and it wasn’t better so I removed it, but I did keep the reduced the mainspring.

Just by holding it, I can’t say it feels the best until shooting it and that’s from a holster with first shot being double action.

You have to test the guns in the same way you’d use them if you’re carrying. Just target shooting isn’t good enough.

The test; start with your back to the target, turn, draw, shoot, reload, shoot, safely holster - without looking down. Goal is to find the gun with fastest time while getting all shots on target.

Accuracy has more value than speed and all shots on target is the requirement. if you’re not getting all shots on target, slow down.

Do that and you’ll find that how a gun feels in your hands fondling it, doesn’t necessarily translate to the best.

If you can’t holster it safely without looking down, throw it or the holster away!
Why are we telling people to holster loaded guns without looking the gun into the holster? Lol wut
 
That is correct, look down and die.
In a non-military setting, (military gear is generally different, OWB, and easier to holster blind) You should only reholster once you have made certain that there is no threats present, period.

You can peep at your holster but no need to stare at it. If you train with your gear, your support hand should automatically sweep your holster first and clear any obstruction like shirts, pants, belt, fat, etc.
 
In a non-military setting, (military gear is generally different, OWB, and easier to holster blind) You should only reholster once you have made certain that there is no threats present, period.

You can peep at your holster but no need to stare at it. If you train with your gear, your support hand should automatically sweep your holster first and clear any obstruction like shirts, pants, belt, fat, etc.

Nope, you guys are talking about full size guns in this topic.
 
Back
Top Bottom