18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Experience with HK VP9L

boltstop

Active member
Messages
114
Hello all,

Interested in your experiences with the HK VP9L.

This will be a range gun only to improve my marksmanship and have fun with. Not a carry gun.

I have a USP 45 Expert so am ok with HK guns.

Thanks in advance.
 
Can't give you much of a review beyond initial impressions, but out of the box they're pretty much what you'd expect of HK quality. Nicely balanced, extremely comfortable in the hand, not phenomenal but a more than decent trigger, everything is smooth, locks up nicely, and they look really cool, which we all know is probably the most important aspect when buying a gun. Seriously though, they're nice. Didn't have any desire to buy one until I had it in my hand. I've owned and shot multiple other HKs in my time, so I can only imagine the VP9L is a pleasure to shoot as well.
 
Real question is when will shops have them available. From what I've heard, there's only been a handful of people who have gotten one, and it was the only one in the shop

There are some shops here and there that have gotten them which is why I've gotten to handle them all, but who knows when they'll actually become widely available. And yes, I've also heard they got only 1 of each model without any word of when there will be more, which makes sense considering HK doesn't really give a damn about the civilian market and does things whenever the hell they feel like it.
 
Can't give you much of a review beyond initial impressions, but out of the box they're pretty much what you'd expect of HK quality. Nicely balanced, extremely comfortable in the hand, not phenomenal but a more than decent trigger, everything is smooth, locks up nicely, and they look really cool, which we all know is probably the most important aspect when buying a gun. Seriously though, they're nice. Didn't have any desire to buy one until I had it in my hand. I've owned and shot multiple other HKs in my time, so I can only imagine the VP9L is a pleasure to shoot as well.
Thanks for the info. Much obliged.

Anyone else with some experience to share?
 
Real question is when will shops have them available. From what I've heard, there's only been a handful of people who have gotten one, and it was the only one in the shop
They are all over gunbroker for cheap
 
Back
Top Bottom