18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Favorite firearm and car?

Sweet Wilson brother. That car though!! What are you thinking for drivetrain? My buddy recently rebuilt a 68 fastback which i love. Beautiful car, can’t wait to see the finished product when the time comes
Thank you! I’m thinking about dropping a coyote motor in there. Seems the best way to go nowadays. But we’ll see
 
Here's my Favorite ride :
1976 Chevy 4x4 ,,,, bought brand new off the showroon floor
3 paint jobs and 2 interiors later , still going

Cal. Plate : Eat Dirt

Favorite rifle: My '42 Garand
Favorite pistol : My ccw carry Glock 43X [ Don't leave home without it ]
 

Attachments

  • 20240828_220514.jpg
    20240828_220514.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20240519_194024.jpeg
    Resized_20240519_194024.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
This is hard to answer. So many great options to choose from - it's like asking what your favorite song is lol.

I love engaging cars, especially in the 90s to mid 00s sweet spot. Owned many Miatas, BMWs, Toyotas, etc. My current line up is a 100 series Land Cruiser and NA Miata. Would love to add an E46 to the mix but no room currently.

For guns, definitely a CZ fanboy, but Sigs and Glocks are cool with me. But, I am a fairly new shooter.

If I HAD to pick, I'd probably go with a BMW E30 and a CZ P-01. Nice E31 by the way 👍
 
There are some nice rides and nice rigs in this thread!!


Wow, on the car side: Easy answer.

On the gun side: Let’s see, do I like my right leg or my left arm better, haha!!

Rifle: The Nicaraguan Mauser that took me almost 20 YEARS to find? My bone-stock Colt M4? My ultra reliable WASR-10? My SAKO Quad Set?

Shotgun: Mossberg 500 Mariner? 870 DM AOW? Beretta A300 Patrol?

Revolver: Dan Wesson 15-2VH? Yes, haha!!

SA Pistol: Don’t even get me started, haha!!

Car: No contest. My beautiful, awesome, exceptional 2024 Tesla Cybertruck AWD!!

Here it is on Delivery Day back in May. I day I waited 4.5 years for, haha!!


IMG_4117.jpeg
 
Last edited:
There are some nice rides and nice rigs in this thread!!


Wow, on the car side: Easy answer.

On the gun side: Let’s see, do I like my right leg or my left arm better, haha!!

Rifle: The Nicaraguan Mauser that took me almost 20 YEARS to find? My bone-stock Colt M4? My ultra reliable WASR-10? My SAKO Quad Set?

Shotgun: Mossberg 500 Mariner? 870 DM AOW? Beretta A300 Patrol?

Revolver: Dan Wesson 15-2VH? Yes, haha!!

SA Pistol: Don’t even get me started, haha!!

Car: No contest. My beautiful, awesome, exceptional 2024 Tesla Cybertruck AWD!!

Here it is on Delivery Day back in May. I day I waited 4.5 years for, haha!!


View attachment 7747
How you liking that truck ?
 
Here's my Favorite ride :
1976 Chevy 4x4 ,,,, bought brand new off the showroon floor
3 paint jobs and 2 interiors later , still going

Cal. Plate : Eat Dirt

Favorite rifle: My '42 Garand
Favorite pistol : My ccw carry Glock 43X [ Don't leave home without it ]
Sweet!! I should be taking in a 76 2wd from my
Here's my Favorite ride :
1976 Chevy 4x4 ,,,, bought brand new off the showroon floor
3 paint jobs and 2 interiors later , still going

Cal. Plate : Eat Dirt

Favorite rifle: My '42 Garand
Favorite pistol : My ccw carry Glock 43X [ Don't leave home without it ]
An uncle recently passed and i will be getting his 76 Chevy but 2wd. Any point of lifting a 2wd? I see those usually slammed with a big engine
 
This is hard to answer. So many great options to choose from - it's like asking what your favorite song is lol.

I love engaging cars, especially in the 90s to mid 00s sweet spot. Owned many Miatas, BMWs, Toyotas, etc. My current line up is a 100 series Land Cruiser and NA Miata. Would love to add an E46 to the mix but no room currently.

For guns, definitely a CZ fanboy, but Sigs and Glocks are cool with me. But, I am a fairly new shooter.

If I HAD to pick, I'd probably go with a BMW E30 and a CZ P-01. Nice E31 by the way 👍
Thanks brother.

I am currently looking for something that’s a little more off road friendly than my X5. Land cruisers are nooooice!

I’m fairly new as well, here’s a fun fact. I have NEVER shot a Glock lol i do, however, have an M&P 2.0 which is great. Still prefer steel guns
 
Sweet!! I should be taking in a 76 2wd from my

An uncle recently passed and i will be getting his 76 Chevy but 2wd. Any point of lifting a 2wd? I see those usually slammed with a big engine
Depends on what You ,,, want .
Lifted for the classic Pre-runner off road look / big BFG All Terrain tires / bead lock rims / LED light bar ..... that Screams ' Get the F out of my way '
OR
Slammed for the city cruiser look ....big and Bagged ...

I guess you know what I prefer .....
 
How you liking that truck ?

I have whatever the opposite of 'Buyer's Remorse' is, haha!!

Is it perfect? No, but I haven't had a perfect vehicle. There's always something or other that you'd like different. The nice thing is that most of what I want changed will come with software updates.

I'm coming from a 2020 Model Y Long Range. I loved that car. The CT is just so beyond the Model Y I don't know where to begin:

- Steer-by-wire is an absolute game changer (talk about an overused phrase, haha!!) and must be personally experienced to be appreciated
- SbW + 4-wheel steering make the CT handle more like a small car. The turning radius, off-road and on-road handling are amazing
- It's FAST, smooth, and quiet
- It has a 2,500lbs payload, yet rides like a dream. What 1-ton truck rides well empty? None that I've ridden in, haha!! Adaptive air suspension FTW
- The sound system is amazing
- And on and on and on (I'll stop now before I get banned for being off-topic, haha!!)

I've had it three months now and I don't drive any other car anymore.

The only downside (and this is finally dying down) is the attention. It was INTENSE the first few weeks. People following you into parking lots. People (literally) running up to you excitedly to ask questions and take pics/video. Almost getting side-swiped on the freeway as people try to film you. Your neighbors (some you've never talked to before) appearing suddenly in your driveway with huge smiles on their faces.

But then you get the kids waving like crazy when you drive by, haha!! If there's a family with kids in a parking lot who are asking about the CT, I always offer the kids a sit inside. The look of pure joy on their faces is amazing.

Ok, ok, now I'll stop!!
 
Depends on what You ,,, want .
Lifted for the classic Pre-runner off road look / big BFG All Terrain tires / bead lock rims / LED light bar ..... that Screams ' Get the F out of my way '
OR
Slammed for the city cruiser look ....big and Bagged ...

I guess you know what I prefer .....
The younger me would prefer slammed and sliding everywhere. Now i prefer lifted to take kids off roading and for a quick getaway since we are near the mountains
 
I have whatever the opposite of 'Buyer's Remorse' is, haha!!

Is it perfect? No, but I haven't had a perfect vehicle. There's always something or other that you'd like different. The nice thing is that most of what I want changed will come with software updates.

I'm coming from a 2020 Model Y Long Range. I loved that car. The CT is just so beyond the Model Y I don't know where to begin:

- Steer-by-wire is an absolute game changer (talk about an overused phrase, haha!!) and must be personally experienced to be appreciated
- SbW + 4-wheel steering make the CT handle more like a small car. The turning radius, off-road and on-road handling are amazing
- It's FAST, smooth, and quiet
- It has a 2,500lbs payload, yet rides like a dream. What 1-ton truck rides well empty? None that I've ridden in, haha!! Adaptive air suspension FTW
- The sound system is amazing
- And on and on and on (I'll stop now before I get banned for being off-topic, haha!!)

I've had it three months now and I don't drive any other car anymore.

The only downside (and this is finally dying down) is the attention. It was INTENSE the first few weeks. People following you into parking lots. People (literally) running up to you excitedly to ask questions and take pics/video. Almost getting side-swiped on the freeway as people try to film you. Your neighbors (some you've never talked to before) appearing suddenly in your driveway with huge smiles on their faces.

But then you get the kids waving like crazy when you drive by, haha!! If there's a family with kids in a parking lot who are asking about the CT, I always offer the kids a sit inside. The look of pure joy on their faces is amazing.

Ok, ok, now I'll stop!!
Haha I bet 😂 cool looking truck
 
1980s Toyota MR2 is peak, wish i could find a good condition one around here for non-crackhead prices
I'm looking to replace my current Ram 2500 truck with a 4WD Taco. Ideally from 1985, so I get the fuel-injected engine but still have the solid axles. Those are also heinously expensive. I'll probably end up with a somewhat newer Taco instead. The purpose of it is to do small work around the house and yard, bring trash to the dump, fetch the tractor from the barn, deliver diesel when doing yard work, and such tasks. We need 4WD and good tires, because in the winter some of our dirt roads are otherwise impassable, too slippery and slimy. For heavy hauling and towing, we have already replaced the 2500 with an F550 with dump bed.

View attachment 7823
and ole reliable, a 308 Garand
Nice wood on the Garand. Is that new replacement furniture?

This is what mine looks like, with the wood that came from the CMP (and is probably original). We cleaned it really well (ran it through the dishwasher a half dozen times), then used Watco oil to seal it.
1725037359793.png
 
Speaking of cars: Anyone have experience with the new 3-cylinder Corolla GR? A family member is thinking of buying it. They need something that can carry stuff (so hatchback), can occasionally seat 3-4 people, but they want it to be FAST with a capital F.
 
View attachment 7822

1980s Toyota MR2 is peak, wish i could find a good condition one around here for non-crackhead prices

View attachment 7823
and ole reliable, a 308 Garand
i there are lots of sweet 80s cars, especially with the flipup head lights.

My first car was a 89 accord lxi coupe. Threw in a turbo b16 and loved it.

Cars like the 300zx, rx7, Supra, and 3000gt are sex in wheels
 
Back
Top Bottom