18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Favorite rifle options with detachable mags

Favorite CA legal rifle with detachable mag?

  • Fightlite SCR

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • FM-15 Ranch Rifle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini-14

    Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Scout M1A (no pistol grip)

    Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 11 32.4%

  • Total voters
    34
Anyone heard of Maglatch’s f.n.g.r. Fixed mag kit? Look it up. Thank me later? Lol
 
I went with a CMP Garand converted to a Mini-G in .308 with the Ultimak rail. Also a synthetic Ramline stock and a scout scope.


View attachment 8282
That’s cheating. No removable mag! Lol

My “tanker”. Also .308. Fulton armory

1oh5a3c.jpeg
 
IMG_4392 (1) - Copy.jpg

I know that rifles like Fightlite, Sig MCX Regulator, etc are functionally more practical, but I have so many ARs that I really prefer something different sometimes. Have had this Mini-14 Tactical for a number of years now and absolutely love it. It's been the perfect ranch rifle. Accurate and fun to shoot.
 
Anyone have any experience with the Browning BAR? They have a model with a 10 round detachable box mag now. As a lefty, I just can't make featureless work and can't use my Juggernaut/Hogue FF maglock solution on an AR10. Curious what opinions are out there for the BAR
 
A fav here is a carbine AR with the 7.62x39 barrel. ARD made the Hbar nitride/cryo barrel, super accurate.

I used an old Morgan Hill built Franklin lower. C-defense mags always feed. The Sparrow grip works great and clears shooting benches better. It has an adjustable gas block, 3 oz tungsten powder filled buffer and a 3 port muzzle brake. It has a fixed Magpul stock.

The commie ammo hits hard with a 7" spread at 400 yards.
 
I just picked up my CMMG BR4 and love it. Very smooth shooting and accurate, although I went with 9mm. On the expensive side but it shoots great and everyone that tried it out loved it. My buddy has a 5.56 version on order after shooting mine. Tons of caliber and color choices.

Only took a few minutes to get comfortable with the controls. I'm a righty and since the mag release is ambi, I grab the mag with my left hand and use my left thumb to actuate the release, very natural. Also, when I need to lock back the bolt, I use my left hand to pull back the side charging handle and press the bolt lock with the same hand. Took me a second to get used to the crossbolt safety though.

I recommend you give this one a look.
your buddy wanna sell his 556 version ?
 
Henry Supreme Lever-Action Rifle in .223. I’ve been eyeing one of these for a while.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0359.webp
    IMG_0359.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom