18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Feedback on AR-15 with KingPin + Hougue Freedom Fighter Maglock

xmicro

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
9
Hi, pew-pew friends,

I’m trying to put together the best CA-compliant setup possible for an AR-15. Has anyone used the KingPin and Freedom Fighter combo? Is it reliable? Based on videos online, I see people being able to clear double feeds by pressing the KingPin and still release the magazine, even with the bolt carrier all the way back. Is that consistent with your experience?

Thanks in advance!
 
IMHO, I think going featureless is the best way to go. However, I do have one using the Comp Mag and I think it works great. I have a couple of friends who use the Kingpin with AR Maglock and they like it, but I find it cumbersome.
 
My main concern is dealing with double feed or bolt lock up with Kingpin combo. Any experience on that in particular would be great.
 
I haven't had that happen to me yet, but if you go with the Kingpin/AR Maglock combo, it looks like clearing a double feed isn't that much of an issue. I found this on YouTube
 
Back
Top Bottom