18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

FFL Forum

It's not for FFL Type 3. It's for the other ones who process transfers. lol Though i do think there's a reason to have a FFL03 section
Cool, sounds good. Keep us posted and I’ll be one of the first ones to join and yes, I think to get in is to SHOW your FFL03 docs to prove you are one. I don’t think showing the COE is necessary though, but that’s just my humble opinion
 
There are two types of FFL forums which are useful, one is for non-FFLs to ask FFLs and the other is FFL to FFL. Some of the FFL to FFL questions can be asked and answered in an open forum, other not so much just due to issues, not secret.
 
This is 100% correct. If there is no interest from the mods in setting it up here, this is a very valuable resource for discussion of Federal level issues:

There are also state specific areas, including CA, but it seems that not much is going on there anymore. There are still posts, but not like it used to be.
 
I thought about this. In an effort to promote FFL's with signing up. We'll offer a FREE FFL badge with access to the Private section. Just contact me with your FFL details. We'll do this for a limited time to build up the number of FFL's so there's no risk for the FFL.
 
Can you tell me what was needed over there for FFL forums? I don’t mind supporting the community if you guys use the resource.

Here at a minimum, we’d require proof of FFL documents.

Let me know what you’d want to see in such a forum as well.
This is a static feature that would benefit this community. Basic dev to make sure clients pick up changes....unlike the other site.

This is an opportunity to rethink how to run this feature to be beneficial to users as well as generate income to support its upkeep.
 
I thought about this. In an effort to promote FFL's with signing up. We'll offer a FREE FFL badge with access to the Private section. Just contact me with your FFL details. We'll do this for a limited time to build up the number of FFL's so there's no risk for the FFL.
What information do you require?
 
A DM with your FFL Documents
I sent a DM, but I am asking what documents specifically are you requesting. All you should need is the information for ezcheck, but I am not sure if you want something other than that.
 
It's not for FFL Type 3. It's for the other ones who process transfers. lol Though i do think there's a reason to have a FFL03 section
Yes, it's an open door to have a conversation about making a product driven by conversations.

The other site was not driven in a balanced provider <-> user productive manner.

Something I've seen missing is focusing on product. Rather there are discussions about problems implementing technology. Essentially that is like talking about the bowling alley machinery all the time rather than facilitating completed frames.
 
Hello.. We don't have an FFL forum, but if there's interest I can create one. You're not the only FFL here. There's actually quite a few, but most of you use Calguns so I didn't find the need to recreate it since most people communicated there.
I would be happy to participate. Calguns.net was a great resource, but there are too many problems with its server, constant time outs and errors. I believe all you would need is for participants to provide their FFL/CFD
 
I would be happy to participate. Calguns.net was a great resource, but there are too many problems with its server, constant time outs and errors. I believe all you would need is for participants to provide their FFL/CFD
Please send your FFL docs to @ugimports. He helps validate the paperwork.. That will give you access to the ffl forums.
 
Back
Top Bottom