18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

FFL03 and COE Just arrived question

Boomhauer

Active member
Messages
140
Classified ads
1
Hey so I just received my FFLO3 in the mail yesterday the COE was sent to the FFL that helped me through the process. I always figured that they would be together the FFL03 is an actual card the COE the FFL sent me online which I printed out. When I go to use these such as getting a C&R firearm what do they need to see? When ordering online and the website asks for the credentials do I just send them a picture of my FFL03 and the COE paperwork? Or for everything do I just need the FFL03 and buy them running that does my COE just come up? Any information is appreciated. I understand everything that you can do with these items. I was just not really explained the process about going about things. TIA
 
Hey so I just received my FFLO3 in the mail yesterday the COE was sent to the FFL that helped me through the process. I always figured that they would be together the FFL03 is an actual card the COE the FFL sent me online which I printed out. When I go to use these such as getting a C&R firearm what do they need to see? When ordering online and the website asks for the credentials do I just send them a picture of my FFL03 and the COE paperwork? Or for everything do I just need the FFL03 and buy them running that does my COE just come up? Any information is appreciated. I understand everything that you can do with these items. I was just not really explained the process about going about things. TIA
When you order ammo, depending on the website they will either have you upload a picture of your ffl and COE or they will email you after letting you know they can only ship to ffl so you send it to them. Should say somewhere on the site.

As far as buying a gun with it you need to bring in a copy of your ffl so that you can sign it and leave it with the shop. Don’t sign your original.
 
Hey so I just received my FFLO3 in the mail yesterday the COE was sent to the FFL that helped me through the process. I always figured that they would be together the FFL03 is an actual card the COE the FFL sent me online which I printed out. When I go to use these such as getting a C&R firearm what do they need to see? When ordering online and the website asks for the credentials do I just send them a picture of my FFL03 and the COE paperwork? Or for everything do I just need the FFL03 and buy them running that does my COE just come up? Any information is appreciated. I understand everything that you can do with these items. I was just not really explained the process about going about things. TIA
You can send me fflO3 just keep the coe with you because when a gun store like us processes a transaction, we need that coe number but you can always email it to us as well
 
For the 3 in 30 exemption, I have found it easiest to just bring a copy of both with me and leave them with the FFL to include with the rest of the paperwork they keep in their files. For online ammo purchases, as previously mentioned, depends on the vendor. Some have a portal to upload on their site (like Target Sports USA), others will have you email them scans of the docs after your order is placed (Velocity, SuperVel, etc). Enjoy buying direct-ship ammo online!
 
You can send me fflO3 just keep the coe with you because when a gun store like us processes a transaction, we need that coe number but you can always email it to us as well

Great thank you, I sent it to you guys a couple days ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom