18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

First look at the M&P

Got to fiddle a little with this today at the expo. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Not enough to order one without fiddling with an echelon, because this year it's one or the other, not both (thanks, newscum sin tax).

But it felt awesome in the hand. Action wasn't amazing, but better than my previous m&p experience (shield 1.0) and the trigger felt good for bone stock. With there was a ported option for the compact. Also wish like hell they had these at the demo line to try, I'd have loved to put a few through it.
We did have them up on the firing line
 
The face of the trigger shoe looks flat, is it flat? I shot the one before that has the hinged one that didn't have that safety lever. Gets a little weird for me with how I pull the trigger because I'm trying to disengage that lever.
 
We did have them up on the firing line
Well, hell. I went up there, had a look around, didn't see it. Looooong as line for the Staccato. I assume someone else was having fun with it when I happened by and didn't see it on the table(s). Damn.

All in all a great event, though. Thanks for hosting!
 

These pics show the text on the barrel. But OP doesn't show that. Now I'm wondering what it really looks like once it's available.
Hey Scott, if you see this I have my deposit at R66. You guys also going to be having it for $799? I gotta drive an hour to R66 and Rifle Gear is a 15 minute drive.
 

These pics show the text on the barrel. But OP doesn't show that. Now I'm wondering what it really looks like once it's available.

Penal Code section 16380​

California Penal Code Section 16380 defines a "chamber load indicator" as a device that plainly indicates whether a cartridge is in the firing chamber. A device satisfies this definition if it is readily visible, incorporates or has adjacent explanatory text or graphics….

Looks like text is required so I’d bet riflegears pics are accurate. Could get a free state barrel to get rid of the text.
 
I wonder if Jagerwerks $25 black nitride service would get rid of it?
 
why would you want a less gay looking gun
I'm comfortable in my own sexuality to not really care what people consider what looks "gay". I think it's a stupid adjective personally... I don't care for the safety myself.
 
When I called S&W to get plugs, I was told they would not ship them to CA. I found some on Ebay. Now perhaps I spoke with the only numbnuts at S&W, but that is what I was told.
Well that's annoying! They sent me some like a year ago
 
I think the plan for this would be purchasing a carry comp slide kit
I'm really wanting a carry comp. I might just need to get the regular metal on the roster and then purchase the comp kit. Going to be close to $1300-1400 but still cheaper then any off roster PP purchases
 
I'm really wanting a carry comp. I might just need to get the regular metal on the roster and then purchase the comp kit. Going to be close to $1300-1400 but still cheaper then any off roster PP purchases
And you know it's brand new
 
I'm really wanting a carry comp. I might just need to get the regular metal on the roster and then purchase the comp kit. Going to be close to $1300-1400 but still cheaper then any off roster PP purchases
This idea has crossed my mind as well. Seems like a good price for a metal framed gun and can easily remove all the CA stuff if you wanted.
 
Back
Top Bottom