18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

First time at the range with the Echelon 4.0C (non-comped)

vplaza96

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
📝 Contributor
Messages
560
Just had enough time to shoot about 150 rds through it. I really like the trigger. Better than the one on my XD and XDM, maybe not quite as good as the one on my M&P 2.0 10mm, but close.

I'm going to need to get used to the smaller slide release.

I like the ledges where you rest your thumbs (SA calls them textured indexing points?).

And not needing a plate to mount the optic was great.

Also, I know i need to get more rounds through it, but the mags don't drop by themselves. Will see if they drop after 500 more rounds.

Overall, really like it. Smaller than my XD and feels more comfortable to carry AIWB. Too bad I can't add it to my CCW until renewal next year.

Have to decide which pistol to drop to make room for it when I renew. Wish I could have all four but oh well.
1000007625.jpg
 
Also, I know i need to get more rounds through it, but the mags don't drop by themselves. Will see if they drop after 500 more rounds.

That's the magazine disconnect safety on the Echelons. Round count won't help.
 
That's the magazine disconnect safety on the Echelons. Round count won't help.

Interesting. Folks at Route 66 said that their rental Echelon drops the mags. I'll ask them if I can check it out next time I'm there.

FWIW, my XDM also has the magazine disconnect and it drops the mags just fine after all the rounds I've put in it.
 
Back
Top Bottom