18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

FNP 9MM, add a RDS or sell it

mrbieler

Member+
2A
Messages
160
Classified ads
1
Have a 2009 FNP 9, one of late generations fixing most of the issues from the early version. My first plastic pistol.

It's a good shooter, I have a bunch of mags for it, spare springs, holsters. Freedom week may have been exploited a bit as well.

It's been my house gun since I got it and I'm not going to ccw it. I prefer a full size pistol for the night stand.

I want to add a red dot. Do I spend $150 or so to have this pistol milled or do I sell it and buy an optics ready pistol?

In the big picture, I've been selling off guns and consolidating of late so I'm more inclined to work with what I have.
AJP9Vylh.jpg
 
Last edited:
Are you shooting dots on all of your other pistols? Have you thought about just upgrading the pistol sights? Is anyone else going to use it for HD? Do they shoot red dots? Have you shot red dots on a timer or under any other pressure inducing drills?
 
Two of my CCW's have dots and I like them. Fair bit of range time and a couple of classes using them as well. As my eyes get older, the red dot has been a nice change.
 
I think the answer is what do you want more, a brand new style gun optics ready or do you want this gun but with a red dot? Getting the slide milled will be a lot faster and cheaper and easier than selling and buying a new gun
 
I think the answer is what do you want more, a brand new style gun optics ready or do you want this gun but with a red dot? Getting the slide milled will be a lot faster and cheaper and easier than selling and buying a new gun
Most of my guns I like shooting are single action. CZ75's, 1911's, and Hi Powers. My primary ccw is striker fire. I don't really like the DA on this or my 75B, but the 75B I use cocked and locked. This and my little p225 are my only decockers. The DA pull isn't bad but compared to the SA's and the striker fire, it's not nearly as nice.
 
Two of my CCW's have dots and I like them. Fair bit of range time and a couple of classes using them as well. As my eyes get older, the red dot has been a nice change.
cut it. no reason to dump it when you can just tweak it.
 
Most of my guns I like shooting are single action. CZ75's, 1911's, and Hi Powers. My primary ccw is striker fire. I don't really like the DA on this or my 75B, but the 75B I use cocked and locked. This and my little p225 are my only decockers. The DA pull isn't bad but compared to the SA's and the striker fire, it's not nearly as nice.
The Walther PDP has a great striker fire and is optics ready… :D
 
The Walther PDP has a great striker fire and is optics ready… :D
LOL, PDP shill... ;)

I liked the PDP but I am heavily leaning towards the Echelon if I do decide to sell the FN.

NC Engraving will cut my slide and refinish for $100 plus shipping which is hard to beat. I have an optic already.
 
Back
Top Bottom