18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

For the same price, BCM or Colt upper?

BCM or COLT 11.5'' upper AR15


  • Total voters
    32

matrix

Member
Messages
35
Classified ads
2
For a basic 11.5'' upper and costing the same, would you go with BCM or Colt?
 
I've never had any issues with BCM products. Don't have too much experience with anything Colt.
 
I've never had any issues with BCM products. Don't have too much experience with anything Colt.
Yeah same here, never had a Colt and the BCM's I do have are great.

You may need the extra extractor O ring on the bolt for the 11.5 inch barrel, I forget if that piece has a specific name.
 
Colt because they (SBR uppers) are far harder to come by. Colt isn’t what it used to be but neither is Daniel defense. The Colt can be resold for closer to and in some circumstances more than what you paid for it. Not so for the DD.
 
BCM, Colt is just a brand name now living on their past reputation.
 
BCM.
I regret buying my 6920. The whole rifle had a purple tint. I sent it back to them and it came back more purple.
 
OP, if you can find a new 6933 or 6943 Colt upper, I’d suggest you get it and also if you please, let me know where exactly it is you got it.😉
 
Colt because they (SBR uppers) are far harder to come by. Colt isn’t what it used to be but neither is Daniel defense. The Colt can be resold for closer to and in some circumstances more than what you paid for it. Not so for the DD.
Nobody asking about Daniel Defense?
 
Today, outside of their Mk18 upper (which should be falling off the Flavor of the Year roster soon), no, not to the degree they want their C-marked Hatford, Connecticut stuff. People shoot DDs. People shoot and COLLECT Colts. I’m no Colt sycophant, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that particular detail.
Yes but the discussion has zero to do with Daniel Defense. Why even bring that into the equation. We could just as well say that DeSoto isn't what it used to be with as much relation it has to the question of "Colt or BCM?"
 
Get Colt. Remember, its the tried and true TDP of the M4/M16/AR-15. All other AR-15's are just copies of it. But BCM is a good and reputable AR maker. Heck, even Palmetto State Armory, Anderson Mfg. and Aero Precision make good upper receivers too, regardless of what the internet tells you. I own all of the above and they all work just fine
 
Yes but the discussion has zero to do with Daniel Defense. Why even bring that into the equation. We could just as well say that DeSoto isn't what it used to be with as much relation it has to the question of "Colt or BCM?"
Yes, you’re correct. I was completely confused in my discussion. I thought I was on a whole other forum.😆 BCM is what it’s always been, but the same sentiment applies with regard to BCM vs. Colt. People don’t shoot and collect BCMs. They just shoot them. This discussion is about a short barreled upper, specifically the 11.5 inch variants. There is no reality where a BCM (or DD for that matter) is more desirable than a 6933 or even better, a 6943 monolithic.
 
Colt is so underrated these days, it's ridiculous. However, their 11.5 uppers are hard to find, so I voted for BCM. In reality, I would get a Sionics or PWS over either of those. BCM 11.5's in particular are notorious for being extremely overgassed.
 
Colt ain't Colt no more.

It is now CZolt, and they are a bit Anti-2A.

Your money is best spent on BCM; or Aero(from Schulyer Arms.)
 
Back
Top Bottom