18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Open Request Forum for Discussion of Military Weapons

This is open for discussion or for the time being
lol I wasn't going to go down this hole but I have a solid laugh everytime I see some idiotic sheriffs department buying one of these.


Any sort of remotely coordinated resistance to domestic policing would make easy targets of these things. Huge waste of money zero strategic value.

Millions of dollars to maintain, destroyed by a simple jack stand.
The Govt gives items like this to police as a write off. I forget the procurement name though.
 
Pretty sure the vast majority of the LE agencies get these at no cost through the DLA LESSO 1033 program. I think the agencies only absorb the cost of shipping, etc.

What's the "jack stand" story, I haven't heard that one?
Maintenance and operation alone is in the millions annually I reckon.

Funnily enough this is another example of socialism everyone seems to consider the good kind of socialism.
 
Maintenance and operation alone is in the millions annually I reckon.
Realistically, if they need armored trucks for SWAT/ high risk warrants, etc they should just get old bank armored trucks. Easier maintenance, company gets a write off, common off the shelf parts for replacement etc.

They use to, but Military Equipment looks cooler I guess.
 
Maintenance and operation alone is in the millions annually I reckon.

Funnily enough this is another example of socialism everyone seems to consider the good kind of socialism.
So, what's the "Jack Stand" story you mentioned. Tell me yours and I will tell you mine about the FB-111 and a crossbow.....
 
So, what's the "Jack Stand" story you mentioned. Tell me yours and I will tell you mine about the FB-111 and a crossbow.....

Friend returned from Iraq and told me in their AO a guy with little wood wedges similar to the chalks people use to keep their cars from rolling down hill when they jack em up would just run out from behind walls when those beasts were driving by and toss them out like ghostbusters catching a ghost.

Said they rolled several of them even when they're driving slow speed.
 
Friend returned from Iraq and told me in their AO a guy with little wood wedges similar to the chalks people use to keep their cars from rolling down hill when they jack em up would just run out from behind walls when those beasts were driving by and toss them out like ghostbusters catching a ghost.

Said they rolled several of them even when they're driving slow speed.
Interesting, I've always thought the center of gravity was a little too high and the wheelbase a little to narrow on the MRAPS. I've not been in one as they were after my time.
 
I remember some police depts getting M16A1 full auto in the 80’s when the Military switched M16A2.
Nothing more comforting than a civilian law enforcement agency using the "spray and pray" approach that was so popular with the A1 in SEA.
 
Winner! That's it. Government sales only. Is there a civilian version? It's bad @ss.
From the wikipedia article, apparently they can be acquired surplus or at least, they could:
"In February 2019, GovPlanet announced that it will be selling the ITV Growlers to the public for the first time. Growlers will be sold by public auction in March 2019.[14]"
 
Winner! That's it. Government sales only. Is there a civilian version? It's bad @ss.

This thing doesn't look incredibly different to the civilian options for these ATV's other than the gun mounts and paint job which are probably about a million times cheaper just to fab.

Its possible there's rigging on them that civ versions don't have for parachuting them in.
 
Interesting, I've always thought the center of gravity was a little too high and the wheelbase a little to narrow on the MRAPS. I've not been in one as they were after my time.
There was a period in time where it was absolute taboo to talk about this because it was such a sensitive topic. There's a reason the transition to BEARCATS and whatever that other option is happened so quickly and quietly.
 
Back
Top Bottom