18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

G17L v G34

17L... You can get G34 anytime. 17L is special.

If set on G34, get G35 instead. Just need to get a conversion barrel for 9mm. Now you have both 40 and 9mm.
 
I have shot USPSA limited with a 17L, a 24 and a 35. The 17L worked great, the sight radius is ridiculously long and it is easy to shoot fast. Only problem was it being a 9mm and dropping steel. The 24 was odd, it felt slow and chunky. The 35 is just right. 34 is on my list of wants.
 
I can't attest to the either, but don’t negate the additional approximately three quarters of an inch on the 17L barrel over the 34.

My brother has a 17, and I have a 19. I got the chance to shoot them side-by-side a few years ago. It’s only about half an inch difference in barrel between the 17 and 19, and I could totally see and feel the difference. I was much more accurate outside 15 yards with the 17.

I can imagine similar results between the 34 and 17L.
 
Debating between waiting for a 17L slide, or just grabbing a G34. Has anyone shot both? 17L worth the price? The price is almost identical, full gun v just the slide. Wondering if the 17L is worth it.
If you intend to use it and push it hard, get the G34.

If you want something different or don’t shoot often get the 17L.

5,000 rounds and up G34, easier to get parts for. Part of a rotation, every so often 17L for flavor of the month.
 
I have a 34. I never shot a 17L. The 17L looks ridiculously long. I have no desire for a 17L. It doesn't interest me in the slightest. The fact that you can't make up your mind means you should probably go with the 17L.
 
Just don't know how often Glock puts out the 17L slides, I've been looking
oem 17L gen3 complete slides regularly go on holiday sales at black phoenix customs. use code signup10 for an additional 10% off. Forgot the exact price but I think it was <$400 otd.
 
I love me some 17L...but the 34 is certainly more common.

I have a 35 MOS with the direct mount Holosun and it's a tie for my favorite Glock (the other is the 40 MOS). So easy to shoot well.

But the 17L is the 17L, haha!!
 
I’ve used glock 22, 24, and 35 is USPSA. I always put up my best scores with the model 22. I will say sometimes when shooting steel at long distances the model 24 was amazing
 
Back
Top Bottom