18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

GETTING PULLED OVER

Yes that is correct. How would you know if a PI is working or shopping? lol. I've done both at the same time xD
Touché haha
Depends how far the cop wants to verify with an employer 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you been stopped when out and about or conceal for the most part?
 
Touché haha
Depends how far the cop wants to verify with an employer 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you been stopped when out and about or conceal for the most part?
I've never open carried (inside of CA) but the permit allows you to whenever you are engaged in work, which is actually very vague. I just CCW. Actually I take that back I was in the middle of nowhere and had my shirt tucked in to be more comfortable temporarily and the hills have eyes out there, it's spooky. I've had people try to call the cops on me for sitting in my car before, but I haven't actually had to deal with a cop over surveillance since probably one time in 2018.

I own my own firm so the only people they can verify with is myself and God I guess haha. I'm pretty sure if I was out locating a witness walking around open carrying some hyper karen would call the cops. Not too sure though, I think people might think I'm just a police detective. Today at an outlet mall I stopped in between jobs and used the bathroom and the maintenance guy and a random both very clearly saw my gun while I was drying my hands and re adjusting my belt and they didn't even blink. Hard to say if someone is that oblivious or just doesn't care.

The one kind of cool thing is unlike my CCW which is limited to 3 handguns, with the BSIS permit you can carry any handgun in the calibers you qualified with. So it's a way I could legally carry other guns not on my ccw like my MK25 but also just kinda pointless I think. I don't really take those kind of security jobs, only one time I did security for a school district administrator and also didn't open carry then lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom