18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Glendale CCW

Messages
52
Hey bros, 1st post here (👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽) thank you, thank you.

Anyway, 2 yrs ago I had a child endangerment charge and CPO dismissed via divergent program. Embarrassing I know. I’ve since had my gun rights restored and was wondering if obtaining a CCW via GPD is viable in my situation. Not sure if a conviction or charges dismissed are grounds for denial within a time period or just in general. If anyone can give me feedback I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Especially all the calgunner refugees here 😉
 
I can’t give you feedback if your request will be denied, try to apply and see what happens. I took my CCW application to GPD in December, lady who took it said “we will call you in August”. She also made me remove page with personal info, said that needs to be filled out during interview. Worth case scenario you’ll be out of $20 money order
 
Thanks for the input. I’ll do that. Do you have a criminal history that made you unsure about your odds of obtaining a CCW from GPD?
 
I don't. I just have a feeling Glendale isn't very CCW friendly town
 
They will see all of the info, but no one can know if they will approve or not.

I will say, plenty of people get their CCW with actual prior convictions, so the fact it was dismissed is promising.

Go for it, and expect to be asked how it went down. Be humble in your answer, and express how you could have done better to prevent the situation from progressing to the point it did. They don't want to hear offset blame, they want to know you are accountable and thoughtful.
 
They will see all of the info, but no one can know if they will approve or not.

I will say, plenty of people get their CCW with actual prior convictions, so the fact it was dismissed is promising.

Go for it, and expect to be asked how it went down. Be humble in your answer, and express how you could have done better to prevent the situation from progressing to the point it did. They don't want to hear offset blame, they want to know you are accountable and thoughtful.
Did you get yours through GPD?
 
Back
Top Bottom