18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Glock 19 Gen 3 EDC - Annual maintenance (function/zero) check + replace Speer Gold Dot ammo

rodralig

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
243
That time of year again for my annual maintenance check of my Glock 19 Gen 3 + Holosun HS407CO-X2 EDC setup...

I started with a 25-round, with training ammo, push-back drill from 10 to 25 yards. I need work at 20~25 yards, a few fliers. At that distance, my eyes see the 8 MOA circle basically cover the 4-inch black zone.

Glock 19 - EDC.webp

I then confirmed zero with 5 rounds of Speer Gold Dot, shooting unsupported freestyle - looks to be about half an inch off at 10 yards.

Glock 19 - EDC - Zero Check.webp


At home, I’ll clean and lube it, make a slight zero adjustment, and come back tomorrow for a 5-shot post-maintenance confirmation. After that, it goes back in the holster with a fresh batch of Gold Dots, which I replace every year.

Fifteen minutes at the range, tops.
 
Last edited:
Do you have another Glock 19 you train with, take classes with and shoot the crap out of?
 
Do you have another Glock 19 you train with, take classes with and shoot the crap out of?
I picked up another Glock 19 just before the Komiefornia ban, and I’m setting it up as a backup to my EDC for classes, training, and practice.

That said, I regularly train/practice with a Glock 17, which, for me, is really only different from the 19 in terms of length of grip.
 
Back
Top Bottom