By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
You're ignoring the requirement to meet all the punitive administrative and technical hurdles to get a pistol on the roster... Glock's underlying design would have to change, not just the searAB 1127 actually gives Glock a good opportunity, the way it's worded is that it specifically includes the cruciform sear release that only Glocks have and are the entire reason why glocks have atrigger with a ton of slop that can only be improved in ways that make the gun less reliable. If Glock ditched their outdated design it would not only avoid this bill but would also massively improve the actual function of the gun. Could people even handle a glock with a good trigger? Would people actively seek out worse triggers after that?
I am ignoring that because I was trying to make a joke, glock will always have aYou're ignoring the requirement to meet all the punitive administrative and technical hurdles to get a pistol on the roster... Glock's underlying design would have to change, not just the sear
Big if true.
If Glock clones like the Walther PDP, Shadow Systems MR920, and Springfield Echelon's can make it on the CA roster, I'm sure Glock can make a Gen 6 that would make it too. Why else would Glock give up it's Gen 3 California market? After what's happened over the last few months, I'm more confident there will be a Gen 6 here soon.Considering someone has already made a switch for them, I HIGHLY doubt that CA would even let them go on the roster. The whole point (at least in the eyes of the idiots in Excremento) was to ‘ban’ guns that switches could be made for. I’m waiting for them to come after evil black rifles next, we all know it’s going to happen because grabbers gonna grab and steppers gonna step.
I actually thought it was brilliant marketing to allow CA to seemingly push Glock out of CA. All remaining stock on the Gen 3's have really been moving. If the Gen 6 came out first, the old Gen 3's would be sitting or drastically cut in price.My guess is that the V models have been negotiated onto the roster. Maybe it'll be Gen 6 instead. No idea, but it seems exceptionally stupid on the part of both CA and Glock to discontinue Gen 3 without a commerical replacement. As always, I count on the stupidity of the anti-gun rights ideologues to take actions such that SCOTUS is forced to yank their leash.
Maybe the pessimists are correct and there will be no more Glocks on the roster for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, Boland v Bonta will be resolved in our favor partially because of this fiasco.
Until then, I'm going to play around with some of the current alternatives that I don't own, such as the Eschelon and PDP. I'll concentrate my dollars that would have gone to Glock into those guns and high end 1911's from Wilson Combat and Nighthawk![]()
Glock may want it, but I'd be willing to bet that CA won't let it happen. The Shadow also is on the no fly list when that ban kicks in, my LGS has a sign on their Shadows saying that after the ban, they can no longer be sold. Afaik nobody is publicly advertising that they've made a switch for the Echelon or the Walther (yet.) while there's already YouTube videos of one for the V, which, as I stated above, is the whole reason Execremento decided to unilaterally ban anything that a switch could be made for. Now, before you argue that its only cruciform trigger bars that are banned, I'll say it again: if CA gets wind of the YouTube videos floating around of the switches for the V's,, which good $ says they have already, then they'll just add it to the list as an exception to the cruciform trigger umbrella. Newsom and the legislature have never met a gun law they don't love.If Glock clones like the Walther PDP, Shadow Systems MR920, and Springfield Echelon's can make it on the CA roster, I'm sure Glock can make a Gen 6 that would make it too. Why else would Glock give up it's Gen 3 California market? After what's happened over the last few months, I'm more confident there will be a Gen 6 here soon.
Wow look how high the back of that trigger guard is. Does that mean I won't have to undercut my new gun? I hope this picture is real and not an A.I. hoax.Conveniently showing the side opposite the extractor so there's hope that they added a CA compliant LCI.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!