18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Glock gen 6 upgrades

john_marsten_1873

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2026 2 10+ Top
Messages
865
For those of you who have them what do you all like in terms of:
- triggers or kits - competition or duty,
- magwells - duty
- RSA’s, guide rods, springs
- brass plugs - preferably supporting magwells
- anything else?
 
Trigger = APEX (Not paying for ones like JG, not worth the price). I would be interested in the TriggerTech when it releases.
Magwell = GS brass insert/magwell combo. (SLR is the other popular option, but you can't use it with an insert unless you cut it.)
RSA/Spring= DPM (This is best option comes with multiple springs as well, no the Radian compressor is not the answer)
Plug= GS Magwell/plug combo (If you do 17 or 45 you can do brass backstrap)

Other Considerations = ramjet, striker, backplate, extended slide release, extended mag release, etc. you choose.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0935J5kI1S.webp
    IMG_0935J5kI1S.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 38
For those of you who have them what do you all like in terms of:
- triggers or kits - competition or duty,
- magwells - duty
- RSA’s, guide rods, springs
- brass plugs - preferably supporting magwells
- anything else?
Not many people with Gen 6’s yet!!
 
I did the brass plug and that’s it so far. Probably do the apex eventually but keep this one stock for now.
Still can’t get use to the thumb rest ledge thing so sticking to the gen 5 mainly for now.
 
But isn’t the G6 the most perfectest Glock with no upgrades necessary? 🤣 I kid, I kid… I put a JG competition trigger on my G17.6 and have a Radian on the way. That’s as far as I will take it.
 
The stock gun is fine.

But I have a COA 17 stock

Regular G6 Has
Dawson magwell so I dont chew up the plastic too bad.
I'm playing with the apex. I like a rolling break. Feels more like a short revolverish DA. So if you're into a crisp trigger break with defined wall do not buy. Also I went with the metal trigger. Gets a little toasty if you're really rippin'. Nothing a little KT tape didnt block. But for uniformity I have it off the gun at the moment.

I wouldnt mess with springs. Also playing with Radian Ramjet. I dont feel I need a spring swap but I also dont load baby fart 9mm loads. Shoot mostly factory 147 but if I really want the comp to work I take 124 nato. If you run Safariland sls watch out for the comp catching the locking tab.
 
Last edited:
For those of you who have them what do you all like in terms of:
- triggers or kits - competition or duty,
- magwells - duty
- RSA’s, guide rods, springs
- brass plugs - preferably supporting magwells
- anything else?
For triggers, I'd say a combination of a 3.5lb connector bar and an upgraded striker spring usually does enough. That's my go to for all of my Glocks. Keeps reliability as well.

Magwells strike industries makes decent low profile magwells. Especially for duty use. But IMO the gen 6 magwell is already flair out a good amount. I'd just get the brass plug.

Can't go wrong with a stainless steel guide with a removable tip. So you can change spring weights. But unless you're a high burn shooter. Honestly, the stock one is fine.

Glock store's heavy plug is gtg. But I've heard good things about c&h precision. Just make sure they fit well with your magwell of choice.

For other accessories, I'd say a radian ramjet+afterburner, suppressor height tritium iron sights, and extended controls. Maybe grip tape if you have sweaty hands. The ramjet is expensive but it makes a big difference in recoil reduction. I have them on almost all of my glocks.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
 
But isn’t the G6 the most perfectest Glock with no upgrades necessary? 🤣 I kid, I kid… I put a JG competition trigger on my G17.6 and have a Radian on the way. That’s as far as I will take it.

If you are doing Radian have to get a DPM and really enjoy that sucker.
 
I just slapped Trijicon HD sights on my 19.6, other than that just left it OEM. Its a Glock a great $500 gun.
 
I did quite a bit to my gen 5 but kept the internals stock on my gen 6.
G19.5 - ported, Timney Alpha trigger with Johnny Glock Vex shoe, modified grip, 2.5 lb mag release spring, extended slide stop, undercut the trigger guard, Glockstore magwell, 407c x3 optic.
G19.6 - 2.5 lb mag release spring, extended slide stop, undercut the trigger guard, SLR magwell, 407c x3 optic, chopped the beaver tail.
IMG_6875.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom