18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock optic mounting without milling

Well you are the one trying to not use irons here LOL . Using irons is like using a Glock, they work but you don't have to because there are better solutions
 
Well you are the one trying to not use irons here LOL . Using irons is like using a Glock, they work but you don't have to because there are better solutions
I don't disagree. But even on my somewhat more expensive pistols, I opt not to use red dots because I just prefer it. My long guns all have some kind of optic though, except my shotgun. But pistols I prefer irons. 17L though is the longest barrel pistol I have, figured with Glocks being so common, there would be "non milling" options, so here I am looking for options. I prefer minimal/no electronics with certain things in life, guns being one of them.
 
I can shoot just fine with irons, so if you're not able to shoot with them, doesn't mean they suck. A 17L or just a 17L slide isn't something you can just get in CA so I'm trying to keep it untouched. I have other guns I can easily mount optics on, that are already optic ready. Just trying to see what my options are here.
If you don't care about other people's opinions then get a dovetail mount, they seem to work *enough*. You'll get criticized and clowned on but if you don't care then do it
 
Back
Top Bottom