18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Gt4 vs 2k11

Appreciate the feedback! I wonder how many folks are actually pondering between these two. For me, there's not a consideration for the Sig. Too many non-compatible parts with 2011's, including the mags. The 2k11 seems like it's going to be a strong performer for Kimber in CA from all the chatter I see all over.
 
I need to get my hands on and shoot one of the 2k11s but the P211 is a home run from my experience, the fact it uses reliable p320 mags is a huge plus too. 2011 mags are a crapshoot at best
I have to postpone getting my GT5 to help a family member with medical and legal fees. 😢

Anyhow, I thought the 2K11 took Glock mags which is why I even considered buying one in addition to the P211.

I already have a Springfield Prodigy which has a pretty solid aftermarket. So I don’t see a compelling reason to get another mid-market 2011 (besides the Dan Wesson DWX if that hits the roster).

And you’re absolutely right about 2011 mags. I didn’t realize these things need tuning 😬
 
Appreciate the feedback! I wonder how many folks are actually pondering between these two. For me, there's not a consideration for the Sig. Too many non-compatible parts with 2011's, including the mags. The 2k11 seems like it's going to be a strong performer for Kimber in CA from all the chatter I see all over.
Thinking the same thing
 
I have to postpone getting my GT5 to help a family member with medical and legal fees. 😢

Anyhow, I thought the 2K11 took Glock mags which is why I even considered buying one in addition to the P211.

I already have a Springfield Prodigy which has a pretty solid aftermarket. So I don’t see a compelling reason to get another mid-market 2011 (besides the Dan Wesson DWX if that hits the roster).

And you’re absolutely right about 2011 mags. I didn’t realize these things need tuning 😬
I’m still unsure what tuning even means? I clean the mag, spring and follower. What more does it need?
 
I’m still unsure what tuning even means? I clean the mag, spring and follower. What more does it need?

I believe it comes from the early days of 2011's that were all custom guns and needed to be tuned.
2011 mags were not designed for 9mm, so there is a gap between the round and the chamber that can have issues with improper spring tension.

I believe those are not issues in modern 2011's, but 2011's (and 1911's) are more sensitive to maintenance than other pistols.

I'm also torn between the GT5 and 2k11.
I already have a Staccato C2, so might go for the GT5 as it's different.
But the Kimber Pro comp speaks to me, the fit and finish and trigger seem to be better than the GT5.
 
Back
Top Bottom