18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Gt4 vs 2k11

Was it a full-size Kimber you shot or the same ~size as the GT4? Was it actually "down" or was it just keeping it clean?
Both 4" variants.

"Down" or "keeping it clean" is six of one, half a dozen of another if the pistol is taken off the line for maintenance, in my mind. Because the Kimber just ran and ran.
 
Staccato guy was super nice, I shot 5 or 6 mags and he didn’t care about tickets. Sig guys let me choose only one gun and 5 rounds only.
I was early at sig booth, but staccato took a while with 4 bimbos at the table and 4 or 5 people in front of me. By the time I got to Kimber line was like 20-30 people
That explains why that F-ing line took a hour plus to move up 10 spaces in line. Good for the guys who had the time or patience to finally get to the front, pretty 💩ty for those of us trying to take In a bunch of stuff. Especially in 100 degree heat.
 
That explains why that F-ing line took a hour plus to move up 10 spaces in line. Good for the guys who had the time or patience to finally get to the front, pretty 💩ty for those of us trying to take In a bunch of stuff. Especially in 100 degree heat.
I showed up 2hrs before the event opened. Was still like 20th in line but did a speed run to the range while everyone else stopped to look at things.
 
I just e gotten lucky, because I didn't get to the shooting portion until about 2 1/2 hours in, and neither the Sig nor the 2k11 lines were longer than 30 minutes, with sig being the longest wait of the two.

Might've also been helpful that the kimber station wasn't clearly marked on day one, everyone was asking and guessing where it was. Agency Arms was looking around like "What? Does our breath stink or somethin' ?" because you could walk right up and shoot, no wait. Poor guys.
 
I just e gotten lucky, because I didn't get to the shooting portion until about 2 1/2 hours in, and neither the Sig nor the 2k11 lines were longer than 30 minutes, with sig being the longest wait of the two.

Might've also been helpful that the kimber station wasn't clearly marked on day one, everyone was asking and guessing where it was. Agency Arms was looking around like "What? Does our breath stink or somethin' ?" because you could walk right up and shoot, no wait. Poor guys.
Tbf i shot the agency arm pistols and they are ass. It’s just a Glock with a timney trigger and a port. Could do it for so much less. Cool dude but sht the echelon comp is a better option
 
I showed up 2hrs before the event opened. Was still like 20th in line but did a speed run to the range while everyone else stopped to look at things.
Good on ya, man. I wonder if that was you ringing steel at 5 after 10am!

If I'd known what a F-ing 💩show the ammo/store line was going be, I'd have bolted like a scalded dog and gotten that done first while the wife stayed on the top concourse and grabbed swag.

As it was, we were a half-hour later than I wanted (because she had to look extra purty) and it took us a half-hour after the official opening just to get in!
 
Good on ya, man. I wonder if that was you ringing steel at 5 after 10am!

If I'd known what a F-ing 💩show the ammo/store line was going be, I'd have bolted like a scalded dog and gotten that done first while the wife stayed on the top concourse and grabbed swag.

As it was, we were a half-hour later than I wanted (because she had to look extra purty) and it took us a half-hour after the official opening just to get in!
That was probably me lol. And ya 3 hr wait to pick up ammo is ridiculous. Rather just pay a few bucks more for it to be shipped
 
Tbf i shot the agency arm pistols and they are ass. It’s just a Glock with a timney trigger and a port. Could do it for so much less. Cool dude but sht the echelon comp is a better option
Still gotta feel bad for the guys there standing around in the heat while they were basically calling people over to try. I'm surprised they didn't make it a "free" shoot by day 2!

Wife was chatting up the Kimber rep and I guess through miscommunication with the r66 folks, the kimber was "free to shoot" for almost an hour?
 
That was probably me lol. And ya 3 hr wait to pick up ammo is ridiculous. Rather just pay a few bucks more for it to be shipped

I still don't understand how it was even worse than last year. How these guys don't have this down to a gotdamn science by now is infuriating.
 
That explains why that F-ing line took a hour plus to move up 10 spaces in line. Good for the guys who had the time or patience to finally get to the front, pretty 💩ty for those of us trying to take In a bunch of stuff. Especially in 100 degree heat.
It was under 90 when I left, you must have been there on Saturday.
I parked at 9:30ish on Sunday, was inside at 10:10, maybe 10:15. Didn’t care for ammo, went straight to Sig. Was probably one of the first ones, no wait at all. Then staccato, then agency arms (meh), then Kimber (which wasn’t marked on Sunday either, just noticed one in someone’s hand) but gave up waiting .
Tried gun store next, PDP price was too good to pass, but line was out the door and around the building, so I bolted
 
I still don't understand how it was even worse than last year. How these guys don't have this down to a gotdamn science by now is infuriating.
I don’t think it was worse than last year, it just a lot of people came. Not sure what can possibly be done better with such a big crowd

Maybe vendors could have multiple booths for live fire, but it’s not really R66 fault
 
I still don't understand how it was even worse than last year. How these guys don't have this down to a gotdamn science by now is infuriating.
They don't hire a coordinator, or at least a decent one.

I could give you a list of ways to improve it. From parking, to check in , TO THE SHOOTING RANGE TO EVEN THE VENDOR LAY OUT AND OF COURSE THE FREAKING AMMO
 
I don’t think it was worse than last year, it just a lot of people came. Not sure what can possibly be done better with such a big crowd

Maybe vendors could have multiple booths for live fire, but it’s not really R66 fault
Almost everything this year was top-notch. With the exception of staccato being overly generous with times and rounds (which I wouldn't be so salty about if'n it were me getting that time, but I digress...) but everything else was smooth sailing.

The only issue that seems to be constantly backsliding is handling the sales. This year the "assigned times" and badges were supposed to streamline the process. Instead it was a giant clusterF- of people showing up whenever regardless of assigned time, overbooking time slots, understaffing on the sales side, and no remedy for folks who didn't have 3 extra hours to spare in triple digit heat.

Like I said in the other thread, once the "wait" exceeded an hour beyond your assigned time, there should have been an option for folks to pay a non-refundable deposit, get their badge stamped, and come back within 7 days to process the sale. Easy-peasy. I "signed up" before noon. I showed up a 1/2 hour before my "assigned" time. I waited for about an hour before asking someone what the expected wait was for my slot. "about 2 & 1/2 hours, sorry." Are you F-ing kidding me? I did my part but R66 wasn't willing to meet me halfway. Coming from 2 former small business owners that's a 💩ty way to run a business, and a great way to lose any kind of customer loyalty going forward.

Sorry, rant over. Overall the Expo was a good time that ended poorly. I'll try again next year, maybe. We'll see if time softens my recollection and makes me want to say "third time's the charm".
 
Last edited:
They don't hire a coordinator, or at least a decent one.

I could give you a list of ways to improve it. From parking, to check in , TO THE SHOOTING RANGE TO EVEN THE VENDOR LAY OUT AND OF COURSE THE FREAKING AMMO
Parking was kinda dicey, not gonna lie. And y'all homies in the prius's and little fwd 4-banger commuter cars? You're a hazard on the hill, full stop.
 
Last edited:
seen a rwd ram get stuck. but ya that was no road for a small car
I had to essentially stop because the prius in front of me was sliding backwards down the hill. Trying to start up again in that powdery dirt made me spray the poor schmuck behind me with dirt and rocks. Sorry dude(s) behind me.

Know your vehicle's limitations, my dudes.
 
Shot both Saturday. Here's my 2 cents.

Kimber was hands down the better, softer shooter. Reaquiring target on follow up shots better (for me) on the Kimber. Kimber was better feeling in the hand as well.

Gt4 was down multiple times during my 30 minute wait for "cleaning". 2k11 was being rode hard and put away wet and hadn't been cleaned the entire day. Both ran flawlessly when I used them, but the fact that the GT4 and 5 needed to be handled with kid gloves that way while the Kimber said "thank you, sir. May I have another" all day is incredibly telling.

I was already leaning Kimber because F- Sig after how they handled the 320 mess. So maybe this was confirmation bias, but I tried very hard to be open minded because Sig is $300 cheaper and mags are more plentiful and affordable, and in the end, I'm a miser.

But I'm all-in on Kimber.
The 2K11 also includes an RMR plate so you don’t have to seek out an aftermarket plate for the most common optic footprint vs Sig forcing their SIG-LOC footprint on you.
 
I just wish kimker brought the full size chunk port model in black to CA. What a shame. I dont care for the GT5. Anyone have thoughts on the Fusion XP comp/ported guns?
 
Back
Top Bottom