18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Guidance on Glock slides for optic mount.

If using a red dot, consider going with a SHORTER slide, rather than longer. You don't need the sight radius anymore. I chose a 19 slide length for my main red dot pistol and am completely happy with it. I don't shoot my 35 much at all anymore.
 
I had one Milled, and ended up with the Unity ATOM for another. The ATOM is cool because I feel like the plate is much more secure. The OEM ones you're talking about are MOS and use plates to switch up the optic. I will say that I have a Holosun SCS on my 320 that I really like.
I like the way Unity set up the ATOM, and was really disappointed when they stopped making it, I'm hoping that they will eventually get the 2.0 off the ground since it looked really cool too.
 
My son did a Brownells slide on a G34. No complaints. Works great along with the Holosun optic and Timney trigger. Only problem he had was after about 1K rounds the striker from the Brownells slide kit broke. Replaced with a glock striker and works fine.
 
If using a red dot, consider going with a SHORTER slide, rather than longer. You don't need the sight radius anymore. I chose a 19 slide length for my main red dot pistol and am completely happy with it. I don't shoot my 35 much at all anymore.
Hadn't thought of that but, since the 17 is the gun I have, I'll stick with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom