18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Review Guns Direct

Website
https://www.gunsdirect.org/
Location
1521 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91506, USA
Region
  1. SoCal
Sub-Region
Los Angeles County
Services offered
    • 🤝 PPT
    • 📝 FSC Test
    • 🔧 Gun Smithing
    • 📦 Ammo Transfer
    • 🚚 FFL Transfer
Submit reviews using the Reviews tab and discuss it here!
I think they stop doing PPTs after 330pm or something, but it's usually pretty crowded that time of day and would be a wait. otherwise they do PPTs without complaint and are pretty efficient at them. I literally did a like 8 min PPT with them once. they have a "good" not "great" selection of firearms to peruse while your paper work is being processed and reasonable deals on ammo usually. Solid shop, I've used them pretty frequently. Best strategy is to hit them when they open and they are open on weekends/sundays as well

of note my last PPT there was Feb 16, 2025 and was pretty painless so not that long ago
 
Last edited:
When i needed to do a ppt they were my spot.covid hit and ppts got the back of the bus treatment even if you first in line.I understand its not a money maker,but when you drive 3 plus hours and noone else is in line behind you and they still tell you that they will make you wait 2 plus hours because priorities are sales,F off!ill never go there again
 
My experience with them has always been exceptional. They process paperwork quickly, are always friendly and open for business on Sunday. After experiencing the PPT process in many So Cal shops all the way down to San Diego, I can tell you they are by far the fastest at getting through the process once it is your turn. They always have a good amount of staff behind the counter to help.
They also have good prices on the bulk ammo they have in stock.
-on a side note, some places don't do PPTs on weekends, and some won't do PPTs without an appointment. GD does not do any of this. Luckily if the wait is long, you have multiple choices on the same street and in the Burbank area to go to.
 
Last edited:
My experience with them has always been exceptional. They process paperwork quickly, are always friendly and open for business on Sunday. After experiencing the PPT process in many So Cal shops all the way down to San Diego, I can tell you they are by far the fastest at getting through the process once it is your turn. They always have a good amount of staff behind the counter to help.
They also have good prices on the bulk ammo they have in stock.
-on a side note, some places don't do PPTs on weekends, some won't do PPTs without appointment. GD does not do any of this. Luckily if the wait is long, you have multiple choices on the same street and in the Burbank area to go to.
I agree. They are extremely fast and quite efficient with paperwork, especially with PPT. I've always had great experiences with the friendly staff. The last few PPTs I've done through them were completed in 10 minutes.
Even with a smaller storefront, they always seem to have cases of common bulk ammo in stock and pricing is pretty fair. I would personally recommend them if you're within the San Fernando Valley area.
 
Last edited:
+1 for GD. Friendly, knowledgeable and efficient staff.

Good bulk ammo prices for local market, solid inventory/variety.
 
8/10 score from me.
I have bought 3 guns from them (new) and have done about the same amount of ppts, my last ppt attempt sucked though, it was for a lower and an employee told me I needed a case for it (Bought it brand new and only came with bubblewrap and a sticker), and a cable lock, then we hit a roadblock due to some middle name nonsense, so we had to walk to another shop and finish the ppt there, shoutout to LA firearms supplies, good dudes, didn't push a lock or a case on us.
 
+1 for GD
Fantastic shop and they do a quick PPT!
 
I go to Burbank Ammo & Guns a couple blocks away, a bit more selections of guns and accessories and weekly deals on ammo. Ive shown them prices on Optics Planet for red dots and they lowered their asking price. I have done PPT on weekends there as well.
 
I go to Burbank Ammo & Guns a couple blocks away, a bit more selections of guns and accessories and weekly deals on ammo. Ive shown them prices on Optics Planet for red dots and they lowered their asking price. I have done PPT on weekends there as well.
They are good for ammo but the people at guns direct are nicer overall. Both places are great though.
 
Guns Direct is a solid LGS I frequent as well as Burbank Guns and Ammo.

I recommend them for both as they are a block away from each other. If one is not satisfying your needs, a quick walk to the other one will suffice.

GD is cash only for dros fee and no atm on site. Email them any question and they will respond within a couple hours. BGA call them, they won’t email back.
 
Multiple PPTs as both seller/buyer done at Guns Direct and fairly quick and painless as compared to other spots.
 
I bought two guns from them this month. It's always been a good experience with everyone at the shop. I highly recommend them and the staff are knowledgeable and super fast DROS/PPT.

A+
 
Back
Top Bottom