18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Has anyone seen the California Shield X?

If youre not careful when installing optic lci will fall out .. just an observation .. 😜
 

Attachments

  • 17732793215234524699499571286972.webp
    17732793215234524699499571286972.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 53
Has anyone seen one in the wild? If so, what were your thoughts? Post any pics if you can.
Just put 300 rounds through mine, recoil impulse is very similar to the hellcat comped version. Sending mine to swpercision for x1 porting. Also Called2arms in Modesto I believe has 1 or 2 left
 
We still have one or two left in store.

Come check it out in person

RIFLENETICS
10029 Lampson Ave
Garden Grove CA 92840
714-333-3445
 
Watched several videos of these "falling out". All of them involved using a spring from a ball point pen? Why is this needed? I've had more pens fail than I've had firearms.
Keeps the sear deactivation lever from wobbling around.

I personally just left the spring in there when I removed the disco lever. Haven’t had any issues. ::knock on wood::

However, I might just order the non CA version spring and reinstall.
 
Keeps the sear deactivation lever from wobbling around.

I personally just left the spring in there when I removed the disco lever. Haven’t had any issues. ::knock on wood::

However, I might just order the non CA version spring and reinstall.
How about a washer the same thickness of the disco lever?
 
Got a holosun eps carry on top and a hipster bag.
 

Attachments

  • bbece50a-ecc3-4a12-990f-c7beabdc40ac.webp
    bbece50a-ecc3-4a12-990f-c7beabdc40ac.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2db0f5c0-5e7b-437c-8aaf-f99d402f1959.webp
    2db0f5c0-5e7b-437c-8aaf-f99d402f1959.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
Picked mine up yesterday and shot it today side by side with a Glock 43X / a Shield Plus...

First off, felt recoil seemed considerably less. This could be due to a longer barrel, or how the grip is cut to get your hand higher into the bore axis.

Second, accuracy with the stock sights was outstanding. I was making hits into a 1.5" by 3" rectangle at about 7 yards withou any issue. Trigger felt like what you'd expect from a Smith, but I expect that the decent trigger it has will smooth out over time to be excellent.

Reliability was good, with my second shot being a misfire due to not going completely into battery. That happened once, and I will watch but suspect it was a break in issue.
 

Attachments

  • image0.webp
    image0.webp
    172.4 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom