18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Have Echelon 4.0C Comp, should I sell to buy off roster Canik Prime?

mrplumcrazed

🛡️ Range Member
Range Member
2026
Messages
29
I bought the Echelon 4.0C comp. It's a good gun but I don't think the comp helps much with recoil, other than maybe being able to get second shot off faster. And acquaintance of mine has a Canik Prime. Is there anybody here with knowledge of Caniks and/or the prime? Should I keep what I have her jump to the Canik?
 
Last edited:
Canik has one of the best triggers on the market. I wouldn’t suggest the triple ported version. If you can get your hands on a prime radian.. you’ll love it.

Honest Outlaw Review
 
Prime is much better than the echelon IMO. It’s my daily carry. Triple port is perfect! Shoots so much better than my g19,43x, echelons. If you you can get one I’d recommend doing it.
 
I have the Canik MC9 Prime and it shoots great but I wouldn’t say the factory porting does all that much. It does help but don’t expect ramjet levels of muzzle rise reduction.
 
I have the Canik MC9 Prime and it shoots great but I wouldn’t say the factory porting does all that much. It does help but don’t expect ramjet levels of muzzle rise reduction.
Would you say it's a better gun, or better buy than the Echelon? Are you happy with yours?
 
Isn’t the purpose of a comp’d gun is to get the second shot off faster?
I have the same gun and love it.
For a factory gun, you get some very nice features.
 
Isn’t the purpose of a comp’d gun is to get the second shot off faster?
I have the same gun and love it.
For a factory gun, you get some very nice features.
Yes, however, I was hoping for kess felt recoil as I have bad arthritis both hands
 
Would you say it's a better gun, or better buy than the Echelon? Are you happy with yours?

I'm very happy with my and it's going on my CCW. I think it's a better buy because the trigger gives it a huge advantage. I'm not aware of any Echelon trigger that's as good as the Canik's
 
No, it's a cheap copy of Walther's design. Get the real thing instead and the full size/compact Walther PDP is on roster for like $699 everywhere
 
No, it's a cheap copy of Walther's design. Get the real thing instead and the full size/compact Walther PDP is on roster for like $699 everywhere
If gentlemen with arthritis is trying to reduce felt recoil, Walther as great as it is, might not be the best choice.
OP, If you really have issues with felt recoil maybe consider P365 LUX or bodyguard 2.0CC in .380 ACP. These things flat as Texas
C4X is another good option, but you can get 4 guns for the price of C4x
 
If gentlemen with arthritis is trying to reduce felt recoil, Walther as great as it is, might not be the best choice.
OP, If you really have issues with felt recoil maybe consider P365 LUX or bodyguard 2.0CC in .380 ACP. These things flat as Texas
C4X is another good option, but you can get 4 guns for the price of C4x

The MC9 prime is also much thinner compared to the chunky PDP. I carried the PDP compact for a while and she's a chunker compared to a G19 or P10C in the same class of guns.

Walther needs to make a 1.5 stack gun already. My MC9 has been aces and I would carry it over the PDP because it's thinner.
 
Back
Top Bottom