18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Hellcat Pro Comp - who's shot it??

I had my wife shoot a P365 380 XL (had a macro slide). Shoots like a 22 - she loved it. Very easy to collect and keep on target. Mine has the full size AXG frame, so it looks identical to an X Macro; if you want to avoid snappy, and keep the small form factor, Id look at the Luxe. It's finally widely available in stores now.
I'd like to try a locked breech 380. Have only shot blowback designs.
 
Shooting HST 124-147 out of it. Feels a little better with those. Hogue grip made it a lot more ergonomic for me.
Yeah the ergonomics on the HC Pro was very underwhelming. Plus very little aftermarket products available to make it better aside from the ugly Hogue Grip, which is kinda irrelevant if it works well but it’s still nice to enjoy your firearm visually 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Yeah the ergonomics on the HC Pro was very underwhelming. Plus very little aftermarket products available to make it better aside from the ugly Hogue Grip, which is kinda irrelevant if it works well but it’s still nice to enjoy your firearm visually 🤷🏻‍♂️
That is the plus side of so many decent offerings. I thought the S&W shield grip was garbage and the P365 XL grip felt like it left giant void under my support hand. Aesthetically, all the plastic guns look the same to me.
 
Yeah the ergonomics on the HC Pro was very underwhelming. Plus very little aftermarket products available to make it better aside from the ugly Hogue Grip, which is kinda irrelevant if it works well but it’s still nice to enjoy your firearm visually 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah... its not pretty but it performs fairly well. I liked the Glock 43X more but could never find one for a decent price.
 
Just got back from taking my son to ITTS Handgun 1. He wanted to use my CZ75B. I took the Hellcat in an Upper Hand Holsters OWB. Today I qualified for it and sent in the application to add it to my license.

Still waiting for it to be painful to shoot, difficult to hit with, or have the worst trigger ever.
 
Just got back from taking my son to ITTS Handgun 1. He wanted to use my CZ75B. I took the Hellcat in an Upper Hand Holsters OWB. Today I qualified for it and sent in the application to add it to my license.

Still waiting for it to be painful to shoot, difficult to hit with, or have the worst trigger ever.

Congrats! Same I qualifed for Alameda with the Hellcat Pro this weekend alongside an Echelon 4.0C. I still don't like the Hellcat trigger but it shot fine with 147, even a little less snappy than usual.
 
I have the Hellcat Pro and love it. The only issue is natural point of aim for me is always high. e.g. When I put the pistol toward the target, I have to move it down to get the sights to line up. I don't have this issue with my Glocks, or 1911's
I do like it better than my 365X , and due to the design, feel more comfortable carrying the Hellcat with one in the chamber than I do the 365.
Once my CCW updates goes through I can really test how pocket carrying the Hellcat works out long term. Test fits seem okay with the Vedder pocket holster and about the same as my current pocket carry pistol the Sig P938.
 
I have the Hellcat Pro and love it. The only issue is natural point of aim for me is always high. e.g. When I put the pistol toward the target, I have to move it down to get the sights to line up. I don't have this issue with my Glocks, or 1911's
I do like it better than my 365X , and due to the design, feel more comfortable carrying the Hellcat with one in the chamber than I do the 365.
Once my CCW updates goes through I can really test how pocket carrying the Hellcat works out long term. Test fits seem okay with the Vedder pocket holster and about the same as my current pocket carry pistol the Sig P938.

I did like the Hellcat Pro more than the stock P365s. Although the Luxe is tempting me...
 
Back
Top Bottom