18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Hellcat pro magazine not falling

gurshanmalhi

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
15
Hey I recently got a hellcat pro with 3 OEM 10 round mags and the magazines would not free fall after hitting release you either had to pull or flick hard to drop mag I tried removing the mag disconnect it helped a little bit but not fully. Any recommendations
 
In any order: Completely remove all the pieces of the mag disconnect, do a bunch of reloads with a dummy round or two (to add some weight to the mag) to shave off some of the interior plastic - which will also happen overtime with use, or use some 2k sand paper on the two front internal bars towards the bottom of the magwell.
 
In any order: Completely remove all the pieces of the mag disconnect, do a bunch of reloads with a dummy round or two (to add some weight to the mag) to shave off some of the interior plastic - which will also happen overtime with use, or use some 2k sand paper on the two front internal bars towards the bottom of the magwell.
Thank you I’ll try these out!
 
I experienced the same thing. Springfield sent me a replacement mag BEFORE i had to send back the “faulty” magazine. I’ve been nothing but Impressed with their customer service. Glock gen 6, you can have’em. The Echelon is just as good if not better. Totally underrated
 
I removed my mag disconnect and the mag flys out now. No need for that stupid disconnect anyway.
 
Hey I recently got a hellcat pro with 3 OEM 10 round mags and the magazines would not free fall after hitting release you either had to pull or flick hard to drop mag I tried removing the mag disconnect it helped a little bit but not fully. Any recommendations
Did the same for my Hellcat Pro. Removed the mag disconnect and installed an extended mag catch. And it did the job for me.
 
Hey I recently got a hellcat pro with 3 OEM 10 round mags and the magazines would not free fall after hitting release you either had to pull or flick hard to drop mag I tried removing the mag disconnect it helped a little bit but not fully. Any recommendations
I have the same issue with my EDC Hellcat Pro; mag disconnect removed and the mag was still not fully "falling out". I eventually went with Apex Tactical Extended Metal Mag release and tried releasing the mag (loaded) and it dropped a bit more; not fully, but enough for me to grab the finger well at the bottom 1/3 of the mag.
 
Back
Top Bottom