18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Help with finding a savage chassis.

trabbledot

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
10
Hello all,

I've had a Savage model 11 Scout rifle for years but I would like to move away from the scout chassis. I've been searching around for a bottom bolt release chassis but have no luck. for those of who are more familiar with this system, can you give me any recommendations? Sadly, about a year or two after I purchased this Savage switched to a AICS mag, so im also stuck with an older mag bottom metal too.

If worse comes to worse, I'd consider selling to make things easier, but If I can just slap a new chassis on this it would be preferable. I've attached a picture of the bolt release if that helps.

Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
Have you looked at the MDT offerings ?
 
I doubt anyone will have something that works with the non-AICS ; that's pretty much the standard now
 
Back
Top Bottom