18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

HK. VP9K

jag9953

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
145
Hi everyone. I just picked up the VP9K that comes with the Holosun optic. What after market parts do you all recommend or fit it with? It’s the CA model. Thanks
 
Just shoot it stock for a while. If you need to mess with it, grayguns has triggers, taylor freelance has brass grip panels and baseplates.
 
Hi everyone. I just picked up the VP9K that comes with the Holosun optic. What after market parts do you all recommend or fit it with? It’s the CA model. Thanks
I agree with @Sloat .. Get at least 1000-2000 rounds in it before you decide to start futzing with it. That way, you'll know its the mods you did to it that made it unreliable.. 😉

After that though, low hanging fruit, is optic, recoil spring, grip panels if it has it, trigger should always be last.
 
I agree with @Sloat .. Get at least 1000-2000 rounds in it before you decide to start futzing with it. That way, you'll know its the mods you did to it that made it unreliable.. 😉

After that though, low hanging fruit, is optic, recoil spring, grip panels if it has it, trigger should always be last.
Thanks dude
 
I'd say nothing other than an optic... it is really good out of the box. That's why you spend more upfront. Mine shoots super tight groups and I am still pretty rusty at shooting compared to the past. All I did was change to the large left panel, small right and small backstrap. Kinda rubs my knuckle but oh well


It's a CCW gun so really wouldn't mess with the trigger anyways and they made it even crisper in the A1 model, it's almost as good as the PDP even
 
I'd say nothing other than an optic... it is really good out of the box. That's why you spend more upfront. Mine shoots super tight groups and I am still pretty rusty at shooting compared to the past. All I did was change to the large left panel, small right and small backstrap. Kinda rubs my knuckle but oh well


It's a CCW gun so really wouldn't mess with the trigger anyways and they made it even crisper in the A1 model, it's almost as good as the PDP even
Thank you!
 
I'd say nothing other than an optic... it is really good out of the box. That's why you spend more upfront. Mine shoots super tight groups and I am still pretty rusty at shooting compared to the past. All I did was change to the large left panel, small right and small backstrap. Kinda rubs my knuckle but oh well


It's a CCW gun so really wouldn't mess with the trigger anyways and they made it even crisper in the A1 model, it's almost as good as the PDP even
Stop regripping after everyshot. You should just be able to maintain your pressure and keep pressing. If you're rebuilding your grip like that you can get inconsistent on doubles or on the move.

Nice shots though...
 
Stop regripping after everyshot. You should just be able to maintain your pressure and keep pressing. If you're rebuilding your grip like that you can get inconsistent on doubles or on the move.

Nice shots though...
It's already old.. I fixed that haha. I was rusty
 
I have the K and an F, the F has the Holosun optic. I really love the F, but am learning to deal with the smaller window on the Holosun SCS.

Here is what I've learned..
- First off, fit and finish are top notch.
- second, you really do need to play with the grip configuration. For the F, which I use for competition, I ended up using the large side panels and the large backstrap with the beavertail. (I have medium sized hands, and while it feels huge, it aligns the optic better than how I had it...but I may still adjust it the more I use it...)
- if you buy the standard disassembly safety and have it installed, this eliminates the magazine disconnect...if that floats your boat. But the way it is configured, it's the only mag disconnect safety that doesn't interfere with the ejecting the mag.

These guns demand the premium for the reason that their quality is unmatched, and HK is very big on preserving its reputation of durability / reliability. There is a lot of engineering that went into that pistol.
 
I have the K and an F, the F has the Holosun optic. I really love the F, but am learning to deal with the smaller window on the Holosun SCS.

Here is what I've learned..
- First off, fit and finish are top notch.
- second, you really do need to play with the grip configuration. For the F, which I use for competition, I ended up using the large side panels and the large backstrap with the beavertail. (I have medium sized hands, and while it feels huge, it aligns the optic better than how I had it...but I may still adjust it the more I use it...)
- if you buy the standard disassembly safety and have it installed, this eliminates the magazine disconnect...if that floats your boat. But the way it is configured, it's the only mag disconnect safety that doesn't interfere with the ejecting the mag.

These guns demand the premium for the reason that their quality is unmatched, and HK is very big on preserving its reputation of durability / reliability. There is a lot of engineering that went into that pistol.

Have you been able to find the standard disassembly safety in stock anywhere?
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone. I just picked up the VP9K that comes with the Holosun optic. What after market parts do you all recommend or fit it with? It’s the CA model. Thanks

Specifically, what is/are the exact problem(s) with the gun that you are trying to solve?

Vague questions will only get you vague or speculative answers.
 
I have the K and an F, the F has the Holosun optic. I really love the F, but am learning to deal with the smaller window on the Holosun SCS.

Here is what I've learned..
- First off, fit and finish are top notch.
- second, you really do need to play with the grip configuration. For the F, which I use for competition, I ended up using the large side panels and the large backstrap with the beavertail. (I have medium sized hands, and while it feels huge, it aligns the optic better than how I had it...but I may still adjust it the more I use it...)
- if you buy the standard disassembly safety and have it installed, this eliminates the magazine disconnect...if that floats your boat. But the way it is configured, it's the only mag disconnect safety that doesn't interfere with the ejecting the mag.

These guns demand the premium for the reason that their quality is unmatched, and HK is very big on preserving its reputation of durability / reliability. There is a lot of engineering that went into that pistol.
Thanks dude appreciate you
 
Specifically, what is/are the exact problem(s) with the gun that you are trying to solve?

Vague questions will only get you vague or speculative answers.
Not vague at all. I asked about aftermarket parts that are most commonly used in the same manner that people say apex for M&P
 
One of the advantages of HK is that they run out of the box. We've become conditioned by some other manufacturers who either cheap out some items to hold cost down (plastic sights) or have frequent QA/QC issues that require fixes, or just are poorly designed.

None of those are an issue with a VP9a1. That's why I don't mind paying a little premium (especially here in California). I don't really need to change anything. My VP9K is OEM stock except for grip tape and the optic. All of my older HKs also have only factory parts. That's especially important for those of us with CCWs.

I wouldn't mess with anything else unless the intent were for competition, and presumably you would have bought a F or L or match if that were the case. If you really feel a need to tinker, then buy some cheaper other pistol that will never be carried and is only a range toy and put all the aftermarket stuff on whatever that is. The fact that your new HK doesn't need any of that is one of its biggest advantages over most everything else.
 
One of the advantages of HK is that they run out of the box. We've become conditioned by some other manufacturers who either cheap out some items to hold cost down (plastic sights) or have frequent QA/QC issues that require fixes, or just are poorly designed.

None of those are an issue with a VP9a1. That's why I don't mind paying a little premium (especially here in California). I don't really need to change anything. My VP9K is OEM stock except for grip tape and the optic. All of my older HKs also have only factory parts. That's especially important for those of us with CCWs.

I wouldn't mess with anything else unless the intent were for competition, and presumably you would have bought a F or L or match if that were the case. If you really feel a need to tinker, then buy some cheaper other pistol that will never be carried and is only a range toy and put all the aftermarket stuff on whatever that is. The fact that your new HK doesn't need any of that is one of its biggest advantages over most everything else.
Not only is it amazing out of the box, I bought during the $250 rebate and paid $849 for the Vp9A1 K. So it was effectively $600. Paid Glock price for a way better handgun haha. You can feel the fit and finish on HK. Comes with metal night sights factory, nice teflon trigger etc. and I got 4 magazines and a t shirt with the rebate so what a deal
 
Back
Top Bottom