18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

HK VP9L model number confusion

tknxx

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
19
I posted over at HKPro, but figured here might be better... I am trying to buy a VP9L which are available in small quantities right now in California.

The problem is figuring out the different model numbers that are being thrown around:

On the state roster it states:

Manufacturer: Heckler & Koch
Model: VP9L OR* UPC 67985

I think that is the same as UPC 642230267992 and model number HK-81000947, but it is hard to confirm. Anyone who knows HK better able to help me out? Can someone confirm that these are all synonymous?
 
I posted over at HKPro, but figured here might be better... I am trying to buy a VP9L which are available in small quantities right now in California.

The problem is figuring out the different model numbers that are being thrown around:

On the state roster it states:

Manufacturer: Heckler & Koch
Model: VP9L OR* UPC 67985

I think that is the same as UPC 642230267992 and model number HK-81000947, but it is hard to confirm. Anyone who knows HK better able to help me out? Can someone confirm that these are all synonymous?
so in my humble opinion... do what I did ... I bought a standard vp9... then I went on to the HK USA site and bought a vp9L complete slide... now I have 2 vp9s the Longslide when I want it and a standard for carry
 
so in my humble opinion... do what I did ... I bought a standard vp9... then I went on to the HK USA site and bought a vp9L complete slide... now I have 2 vp9s the Longslide when I want it and a standard for carry

I don't really care about carry, this is just for range shooting. And that $500 for the L slide would come out of my rifle budget (right now LWRC DI is the front runner here...)
 
This is what UG Imports posted in another thread

For future reference I got confirmation from HK (today) on how the SKUs are grouped:

81000949 642230268012 VP9SK Optics Ready Two 10rd mags
81000948 642230268005 VP9SK Optics Ready Three 10rd mags and night sights

81000945 642230267978 VP9 two 10 rd magazines
81000944 642230267961 VP9 three 10rd magazines and night sights

81000943 642230267954 VP9 Optics Ready two 10 round magazines
81000942 642230267947 VP9 Optics Ready three 10 round magazines and night sights

81000947 642230267992 VP9L Optics Ready two 10 round magazines
81000946 642230267985 VP9L Optics Ready three 10 round magazines and night sights.
 
I posted over at HKPro, but figured here might be better... I am trying to buy a VP9L which are available in small quantities right now in California.

The problem is figuring out the different model numbers that are being thrown around:

On the state roster it states:

Manufacturer: Heckler & Koch
Model: VP9L OR* UPC 67985

I think that is the same as UPC 642230267992 and model number HK-81000947, but it is hard to confirm. Anyone who knows HK better able to help me out? Can someone confirm that these are all synonymous?
could probably just walk up and ask for the long slide vp9 and make the 18 year old behind the counter do the work for you then anyone who asks you just say the vp9L or whatever it happens to be
 
If they weren't sold out all over the Bay Area, I would do exactly that. Just finished calling just about everyone in an hour or so drive and if they had one, it is gone.

Haven't seen any of the 81000946 kits with the three mags which is probably the one I would ideally like...
 
Back
Top Bottom