18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Hold your breath? Springfiled Armory TRP AOS CC 4.25" 1911(9mm/45ACP) - CA compliant?

I do vaguely regret selling mine
Ahrrrrg. always wanted one shot one by a 1911 smith local to me who knows his shtik...... That's a cherry I need to pop like $1200 at Turners right now.
 
As great as any new 1911/2011 roster additions are, the fact they need to have the dumb LCI/MD is just a kick in the nuts. One reason why I own a P220 and not a P226.
 
As great as any new 1911/2011 roster additions are, the fact they need to have the dumb LCI/MD is just a kick in the nuts. One reason why I own a P220 and not a P226.
I absolutely love my P220. And I agree with you about the roster requirements.
 
A LCI based off of an external extractor ala VP9 doesn’t bug me. Also 80’s series 1911 use a MD. So I don’t really get worked up about it personally. But don’t really like LCI on top of slide. True. But will say. On the p365 for instance it’s so damn small that if you have an optic mounted you literally can’t see it. YMMV. primary thing for me is that these rules are just a PITA and make guns cost too much
 
Last edited:
A LCI based off of an external extractor ala VP9 doesn’t bug me. Also 80’s series 1911 use a MD. So I don’t really get worked up about it personally. But don’t really like LCI on top of slide. True. But will say. On the p365 for instance it’s so damn small that if you have an optic mounted you literally can’t see it. YMMV. primary thing for me is that these rules are just a PITA ad make guns cost too much
I've seen the VP9 CA up close, buddy has it. It's actually done well, it looks good, shoots great. LCI very subtle.

I CCW the P365 CA, and I agree, a simple swap out of the optic plate cover and the LCI is so subtle that it actually looks fine.

Hellcat is LCI done horribly wrong though, hideous.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20241214_002205194.webp
    PXL_20241214_002205194.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 1
I solved that by keeping both.
At the time I let it go, felt that the EMP looked awkward. I got it with the intention to CCW it at first but changed my mind, plus I wanted a full size 1911 and saw no reason to keep the EMP anymore. It was fun too shoot though. No intention to seek it out again though.
 
Back
Top Bottom