18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

How about a flake list to be made

I had a recent interaction we made it into the exchanging pics bit and he sends me stock photos of it and is "too lazy" to grab it out of the safe. That conversation has since fizzled.

I agree though I run into far too many online that ask if available then vanish.
Stock photos. Red flag for sure.
 
I had a recent interaction we made it into the exchanging pics bit and he sends me stock photos of it and is "too lazy" to grab it out of the safe. That conversation has since fizzled.

I agree though I run into far too many online that ask if available then vanish.
Sending stock photos instead is crazy lol.
 
One thing that bothers me some and its not just here, but any classifeds in general. Why do some people message "is this still available"? You then reply back with a "yes, are you interested, would you like more pictures"? Then no further replies.

From my own experience it’s getting old feet. Sometimes I’m very enthusiastic about a gun but by the time the seller responds thar enthusiasm is gone. I do tell the seller that I’m having second thoughts and need to back out
 
New agent -smith will adjudicate DM’s. I’m working on a system where you would invite the agent into the conversation, then I would review the conversation, then allow for feedback. The person who initiates would be the first review up until that point.

This isn’t released yet, but I’ll test it out. I think a no nonsense system with very clear definition of rules means what it says goes. If you agree inside the DM, then that’s available for a feedback. However, it won’t review anything outside the system and only reviews the context of the conversation.

View attachment 260786

View attachment 260790
That’s a great idea. It shouldn’t be necessary but since it is, might as well.
 
From my own experience it’s getting old feet. Sometimes I’m very enthusiastic about a gun but by the time the seller responds thar enthusiasm is gone. I do tell the seller that I’m having second thoughts and need to back out
For me the biggest cause of deals falling through is drive distance/timing. It can be hard to agree on a half way point FFL or get schedules aligned.
 
New agent -smith will adjudicate DM’s. I’m working on a system where you would invite the agent into the conversation, then I would review the conversation, then allow for feedback. The person who initiates would be the first review up until that point.

This isn’t released yet, but I’ll test it out. I think a no nonsense system with very clear definition of rules means what it says goes. If you agree inside the DM, then that’s available for a feedback. However, it won’t review anything outside the system and only reviews the context of the conversation.

View attachment 260786

View attachment 260790
Can we put a responsiveness grade on sellers. Honestly it’s getting annoying for sellers post and never respond. (I’m seeing a trend with new sellers mostly)

So suggestion is to put a clock on “make an offer” communication ( on both sides to be fair).Also, it might be good to indicate multiple offers in play
 
One thing that bothers me some and its not just here, but any classifeds in general. Why do some people message "is this still available"? You then reply back with a "yes, are you interested, would you like more pictures"? Then no further replies.
This is me. Lol.

I usually forget I sent that message, or it lets me gauge how long it has been on market before I decide to either let it wait out a bit more;
or send an bit lower offer some people may refer to as a lowball offer.
 
Back
Top Bottom