18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Poll How are we doing? - Recent Moderation

Take a survey

How is our moderation?

  • Too strict

    Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Just right

    Votes: 51 68.9%
  • Too loose

    Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Don't care

    Votes: 11 14.9%

  • Total voters
    74
Site is just about right most of the time for moderation.

I think the problem is people come on a privately owned sight and expect to say whatever the hell they want without consequences all the while claiming “Free Speech.”

It’s a privately owned website with rules, not a street corner. Same rules do not apply.

I see both sides of the argument, just don’t let your emotions rule you and remember where you are.
 
No one likes getting slapped on the wrist but as long as it is done fairly and across the board, as seems to be the case here, those of us who have been slapped have only ourselves to blame.
 
Re: Censorship. When we see a cop pull over a reckless driver, we don’t think he’s censoring the driver.

Re: Admins. I like to see Admins posting in threads. They are here for the same reasons as the rest of us…it’s their site, too, and they should be able to “walk” among us. And we should be able to view them as peers, not some “Nanny-force” checking up. When LEOs walk into a public space I’m in, I sometimes say, “Hi”, but usually just continue with what I was doing. Their presence has nothing to do with me, but they’re fellow humans moving through the same space and time. Be nice.

Re: The Job. When I was a kid and the circus came to town, there was a big parade showcasing everything in the circus. The final group (for obvious reasons) was the elephants and then everybody went home. Nobody appreciated the guys with brooms, shovels and wheelbarrows following the elephants.

Sometimes the Internet also needs a bit of sweeping and shoveling.
 
Great job all around. There's definitely people who post ad nauseum about political stuff when they don't need to go there, which is the main issue that derails stuff. It's always difficult to feel like you're taking a hit and not hitting back, though, which escalates things. I don't know the best way to de-escalate political talk. Maybe more "politics warning" to go around, but I don't know that anything would necessarily help. I haven't seen any mod decisions first hand, but I also come every day and read though a lot of the posts and appreciate everything Ikeo and the team is doing.
 
Recently had a problem discussing the 320 controversy. I started a thread for discussion but it was locked due to another thread containing the discussion. The issue is the original thread is located in the Current Events subforum, of which I have opted out. I am not sure how you would address it on your end, though.
 
I haven't been involved in any of the recently moderated discussions so I can't give an opinion on how I think the moderation was handled. I can give an opinion on what I feel about moderation.

Most people online have no idea how to debate. There's no set objectives, they go on huge tangents, and there is an obsession with getting the last word in.
Moderation should stick to curbing these.
1) When a thread goes completely off topic, it should be culled for relevant posts and the off topic stuff can become it's own new topic.

2) When a few users are having their own huge topic tangential to the main topic they should take it to DMs or another topic.

3) When two guys have made all the points they're capable of making and have devolved into hyperbole and name calling, that chaff should be culled and the users asked to continue their diatribe in DMs.
 
I haven't been involved in any of the recently moderated discussions so I can't give an opinion on how I think the moderation was handled. I can give an opinion on what I feel about moderation.

Most people online have no idea how to debate. There's no set objectives, they go on huge tangents, and there is an obsession with getting the last word in.
Moderation should stick to curbing these.
1) When a thread goes completely off topic, it should be culled for relevant posts and the off topic stuff can become it's own new topic.

2) When a few users are having their own huge topic tangential to the main topic they should take it to DMs or another topic.

3) When two guys have made all the points they're capable of making and have devolved into hyperbole and name calling, that chaff should be culled and the users asked to continue their diatribe in DMs.
Amen brother.
 
In recent weeks, I've noticed less lengthy threads where it almost seems like the same 3 - 4 people bantering back and forth. Maybe the moderators have curbed the discussion prior to the times I hit the site, but it is much easier to read several different threads now, compared to reading 5 pages into 1 thread.

I'm all for healthy discussions/banter, but its when certain members start attacking one another of personal views - that's where I lose interest.

TL:DR; It's good now, keep it going!
 
The only thing I have an issue with is getting ‘warnings’ for things that shouldn’t even be close to that. Just because feathers get ruffled or someone doesn’t like an opinion doesn’t mean we should be handing out ‘warnings’ like candy.
 
The only thing I have an issue with is getting ‘warnings’ for things that shouldn’t even be close to that. Just because feathers get ruffled or someone doesn’t like an opinion doesn’t mean we should be handing out ‘warnings’ like candy.

It's a little like a WWII prison camp, they can fire a warning shot when you get near the wire or they can shoot you dead when you cross the wire. It's their wire and they can put it wherever they want. If you're getting numerous warnings, it's not their fault, in fact it sounds like they're being generous.
 
Last edited:
It's a little like a WWII prison camp, they can fire a warning shot when you get near the wire or then can shoot you dead when you cross the wire. It's their wire and they can put it wherever they want. If you're getting numerous warnings, it's not their fault, in fact it sounds like they're being generous.
My first and only warning was for me “quoting” a jackass’ post and making a sound intelligent rebuttal.

At first I was a little WTF, but then I was like, yeah, I should have just left it alone and let the Mods do their thing. Took the ding, moved on, wiser for it.
 
My first and only warning was for me “quoting” a jackass’ post and making a sound intelligent rebuttal.

At first I was a little WTF, but then I was like, yeah, I should have just left it alone and let the Mods do their thing. Took the ding, moved on, wiser for it.
I reworded all the "warnings" to "Notices" and tried to add more context to the generic messages. No point given, just a way to get folks to acknowledge and put the brakes on. I've been making a lot of changes lately as we continue to grow and new things get exposed. We have a long way to go and these discussions help us discuss the challenges and changes we need to make.
 
It's a little like a WWII prison camp, they can fire a warning shot when you get near the wire or they can shoot you dead when you cross the wire. It's their wire and they can put it wherever they want. If you're getting numerous warnings, it's not their fault, in fact it sounds like they're being generous.
Ummmm...I like analogies, but I'm stretched on this. Nobody here is a prisoner trying to escape. In fact, sometimes Admin needs to "help" some folks find the front gate so they can leave.

Now, as for warnings, I'm Old School...
 
Ummmm...I like analogies, but I'm stretched on this. Nobody here is a prisoner trying to escape. In fact, sometimes Admin needs to "help" some folks find the front gate so they can leave.

Now, as for warnings, I'm Old School...

Uh yeah, much better.
 
It's Your Sandbox. Thank you for Letting Me Play. I know not to get the Sand Wet.
 
Back
Top Bottom