18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How long did LAPD take to mail your CCW after final approval?

00CACTUS

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Got my final approval email from LAPD on October 28 saying my CCW is done and that it’ll be mailed after payment. I already submitted the payment the same day and got the receipt, but I haven’t seen anything in the mail yet.
For anyone who went through LAPD recently:
How long did it take for your physical permit to actually show up in your mailbox?
Was it USPS, UPS, FedEx? And did you get any tracking or was it just regular mail?
Just trying to get a realistic idea of the timeframe since LAPD is super vague. Any recent experiences would help a lot — thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9952.jpeg
    IMG_9952.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
Your physical permit doesn’t get shipped to your address you didn’t get a pick up date?
 
Got my final approval email from LAPD on October 28 saying my CCW is done and that it’ll be mailed after payment. I already submitted the payment the same day and got the receipt, but I haven’t seen anything in the mail yet.
For anyone who went through LAPD recently:
How long did it take for your physical permit to actually show up in your mailbox?
Was it USPS, UPS, FedEx? And did you get any tracking or was it just regular mail?
Just trying to get a realistic idea of the timeframe since LAPD is super vague. Any recent experiences would help a lot — thanks.
I’m in the same boat. Got approval and paid mine 11/5. Said it will be mailed
 
I got approved on 9/25/25by Lapd on the email they sent had a pick up date 10/8/25 at Lapd headquarters
 
2-4 weeks seems to be the standard since they’ve changed to sending them via USPS
 
Must be nice to get it shipped now I waited over an hour in line on my pick up date
 
Back
Top Bottom