18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How many of the same model (edit)handgun do you have. Is there such thing as too many?

How many of same model gun do you have

  • 2

    Votes: 16 32.7%
  • 3

    Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 4

    Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 5+

    Votes: 16 32.7%

  • Total voters
    49
Ok I’m learning that’s 3 isn’t bad. Maybe I’ll send it off for some stippling and slide milling to make it different.
 
I have three P365, two are off roster configurations. Two Remington 1187, one is a Special Purpose and the other is a Sporting Clays.
 
Totally understand this. There are certain platform that we can't resist when seeing.
Mine would be 1911s (8).
Sig model Ps steel frame classic
CZ75 variants
 
You have EIGHT G19s? Are the neighborhood armory?
Yes, eight (8).
Three of those are Gen3, four are Gen4, and one Gen5.
Also not previously mentioned were a pair of 21’s, a pair of 30S, a pair of 43’s, and a pair of 48’s.
There are several other Glocks that are single specimens, but those don’t count for this discussion.

No, not the neighborhood armory. The G19’s are generally used for taking classes when I sponsor the kids and their cousins for school. Needless to say, the inventory of magazines is a whole other logistical issue, as is procurement of ammunition for such endeavors. When we go, there is some redundancy of equipment in the event something breaks down. We choose Glocks because they work, they are cheap, and we have enough holsters, pouches, etc.
When I go by myself, I usually bring 1911’s or revolvers.
 
I've been carrying my Springfield XD sub compact for over 15 years. My wife recently got one of her own so we share magazines, holsters, etc.
 
I like variety… have 9 handguns, no doubles. Give my collecting another decade and Im sure a repeat will happen
 
I have two XD9s. Also have the XD9 subcompact and an XDM Elite 9mm OSP.
 
Many of my guns are doubles, triples or quads, depending what I happen to run across. I especially like collecting S&W, Colt, Hk, sniper rifles and military stuff, so I've found shooters and then I keep mint original unfired original guns in the boxes.

I'm shocked when I see guys find a pristine early Colt or S&W and go shoot it, because it devalued the gun. But it's their's to do what they want.
 
I'm shocked when I see guys find a pristine early Colt or S&W and go shoot it, because it devalued the gun. But it's their's to do what they want.
I’ve bought numerous early, valuable collectibles that were never fired, etc. I enjoy letting the kids be the first to ever use them; you only live once, and for us it’s not about the $$. As an example, my grandfather collected S&W revolvers, and the cornerstone of his collection was his RM, circa 1936. Best we could tell it had exactly one cylinder of factory cartridges through it, as we have all the original artifacts that shipped with it when new, including a few boxes of ammunition, one of which has exactly six empty cases. The receipts in the collection show the revolver and ammunition. The factory registration cert, box, wrapper, tag, etc. are all there. I paid S&W for a factory letter some time ago, signed by Roy Jinks. A couple of years back the kids and I brought it out while my father was still with us, and enjoyed using it at the club that day, along with his vintage K22. I have absolutely no regrets about doing that, as my kids will always remember taking their grandfather to the club that day and using the cherished RM that belonged to his dad. To let that treasure sit in storage as we all grow older doesn't do much, other than appreciate in perceived value to someone else.
If I am ever fortunate enough to have grandchildren who are into firearms (very likely, knowing their parents), I have a pair of “as new” Union Switch & Signal 1911’s that will be taken out and used as well. That will be a fun, historic day!
 
Lots of multiples, always willing to add more of the ones I like. Had 8 CZ Tac Sports - think I'm down to 5. Still have 4 CZ Ramis, 5 Sig P239s and 6 Sig P232s
 
Last edited:
Revolvers I guess. But they're different enough.

S&W 686 six inch barrel
S&W 442 snub
Chiappa Rhino 5DS

And still considering another one
 
Back
Top Bottom