18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Open How much you all pay for range fees

This is open for discussion or for the time being
Indoor is $26/hr, outdoor is $20-30/2 hrs depending. If no membership.

I live in LA County.

Dropped my indoor membership but am on a very long waitlist for an outdoor range membership.
 
$25 is pretty standard around here (Sacramento), I pay $100/mo for unlimited range access, some discounts on ammo/guns, and access to vip lounge and range that is climate controlled. Worth it for me if I’m going more than a couple times a month, I’ve been going 2-3 times a week Lately so it’s a steal, plus free coffee 😁
 
An all day pass at my local range is $35. I dont mind the price, even though it was $13 fifteen years ago when I started shooting. They have trap, rifle, pistol ranges and allow rapid firing and I can shoot tin cans at 100 and 40 yards. They also provide bottled water free for everyone. The range is super organized, safe, and the RSO's have great communication with each other and the shooters.
 
Placer sporting club is around $60 a month for membership and you can go as often as you want with no wait times.
 
WEGC (outdoor range open 24/7, about an hour's drive) - $360/yr
LPFR (indoor range open 11am-11pm, 5-mins from home) - $400/yr
 
The closest local range is around $25 for unlimited time. At this point I'd rather pay $30 to go shoot a USPSA match!
 
Evan’s Gun World only indoor gun range I go too, from all the local indoor gun ranges I tried this one was the best experience I had. They also are an FFL with Armorers/Gunsmiths on site. Not the biggest joint but it’s a good one stop shop.

 
Last edited:
Indoor range near by is $30/HR and outdoor range is $30 per visit, so I much prefer that one.
 
I pay $125 for the year at South Bay Rod & Gun Club for unlimited use.
 
My go to outdoor range R66 seems to have just raised their prices from $36/2hrs to $48.

My go to indoor range is $20 no time limit but obviously more restrictions on how you can shoot.

Unfortunately I'll probably have to shoot at the indoor range more often and do dry fire holster practice at home or at BLM land.
 
Well I guess 18 for unlimited doesn't seem to be to far out of line the average person is out in an hour anyway you need to buy at least 1 target range is well ventilated clean place not much in the way of any restrictions just no rapid fire double taps and triples are fine, be safe, lanes are always open and guess I will just wait until next year to get a membership.
 
Back
Top Bottom